My Fav Google Ads

Reflection on Vivy Yusof Backlash

Dear all,

Hope you are doing well. Today is Sunday and I went out to buy some things and run quick errands. I met a friend for a short while because I needed to take something from her so in the end, we thought why not we just do errands and grocery shopping together :)  It was so lovely to see her. It felt super sunny and hot today, I have not been out in 9 days so it felt a little odd going in the sunshine again and drive. I was hoping I would not forget how to drive ;) hehe joking.

I posted in instastory a few days ago and asked for questions or blog topics suggestion and someone mentioned 'my view on Vivy Yusof backlash'. Lately I have been posting more on my close friends list because I have been at home so some of the sharings are too personal to share with everybody. I just added the few names that came up to my mind and the suggestions that IG gave me. Please forgive me if I forgot to add in your name but mostly  my audience there are ladies and I post a lot of female content ;) I like it like that. So here we go, I try not to write on controversies and things that are sensitive topics but I'll manage this one.

If you want me to be really honest with you, no beating around the bush, then my first response to the whole situation is that I am not surprised. I met Vivy in 2012 in a Nuffnang Bloggers event, it is a closed event and my blog was really at its prime during that time and I was more active than now. I was so thrilled to receive the invitation. Two of their guests were Vivy and Hanis Zalikha. I have a photo with Hanis Zalikha, did not have one with Vivyy but I think at that time both of them were not wearing the veil yet - I was not wearing it too hehe. Wow 8 years ago. Time flies and many things change, I did not even have a boyfriend yet at that time.

Back to the story, well I am not surprised. I am not sure how to elaborate but many celebrities not her in particular are generally oblivious to how the netizens feel. It is clear that these people have not liked her all along, one wrong thing you do and that's it. Opportunity to crush you down. That's how cruel the people can be on the Internet. Another reason why I did not go down the celebrity route. In 2010, I think I have mentioned in my blog before - a celebrity came to my school for Talentime. Many celebrities came to my school but he was one of them and by chance, I was the master of ceremony of that event. He told me he would like to speak to me after the event - I was like cool sure. And after the event he was trying to reach me, made eye contact and raised his hand calling me to stay and not leave just yet, but soooo many girls were swarming around him and I could see that he was trying to be polite but just not interested. I mouthed from far - I need to go, my class is starting soon. I was running between classes (I had SPM that year) and events I was running and responsibilities. He said wait wait just a few minutes and finally when we did speak, it was an opportunity for me to venture into the entertainment industry. I was a teenager at the time and a very studious student.  My immediate thought was - let me study and do my best for my SPM, if my results are not as expected then I will think again. The entertainment industry is not for everyone - you need to be ok with the media making stories about you and the possibility of public shaming. I know every career has its challenges but there are some that pose a public challenge (another element) as opposed to challenge within yourself and smaller community.

The public can make any stories about you and you just have to remain calm, quiet and accepting. You just have to apologise and then admit you are wrong, then only they will be OK or sometimes still not OK. So yes, I can imagine what Vivy is going through, maybe not completely but slightly. What I am also concerned about is that many celebrities are not sensitive at all with their choice of words. Ok wait, can I change that sentence, not celebrities but many people worldwide are not sensitive with their words. If you are not in the B40 category, do not, I repeat do not make any statement or comment about them. It is a very sensitive issue. People are very sensitive during these tough times. Have compassion, have kindness, have the benefit of the doubt, have common sense. I know IG can also appear as a platform to show off and brag - no this is not the time. Some people are going through some real pain and suffering and fear and anxiety maybe so be careful about what you say, what you post and what you share. It sounds simple but many are still not careful enough in my opinion. IG can be a platform for showing off or as it also can be a platform for positive sharing, gaining good information, connecting with good friends and spreading positivity and beautiful & inspiring things. It is how you look at it. Hence, I would advise going on IG only for the latter because if you choose the former, it can make people develop hate and negative feelings about you. Yes you cannot do anything about how people feel, that is true but you can choose what you decide to do and how you choose to portray yourself through your sharings.

I hope this reflection has brought some positivity regardless all the hate that is going on with regards to this topic. Let's be forgiving human beings with a big heart and look past small issues. There are bigger things for us to think and put our energy onto.

Lots of love, XOXO



Comments

Google Ads

Popular posts from this blog

What You Need to Know Before Rebonding Your Hair

SPM Tips: The Right Way To Study Biology, Physics and Chemistry

Last Minute Add Math Tips For SPM

Family Vacation in Kota Kinabalu

How To Clean White Laptop

My SPM Results