My Fav Google Ads

Reflection on the Covid-19: Working From Home #movementcontrolorder #MCO #RMO

Dear all,

I hope you are doing ok. I am not going to say hope you are doing good - because this is not the time that normal people are doing good or great. The reality is that it is bad out there - people are dying and getting ill, it is spreading and things out there are not OK. Hence, why we are in the Restricted Movement Order or Movement Control Order. I like the RMO term because it reminds me of some geophysical things I do in my office work.

Yes, I am working from home now and I have to say, I find that I am pretty productive at home. One of my lovely girlfriends commented on my IG story, well not really commented - she sent me a  nice long message to wish me well and hope everything is OK. She also asked if I could give tips on how I become productive while working at home or at least I try to. The entire week this week, I have worked a lot, had lots of meetings and good discussions until about 7pm or so sometimes. Today, I was the least productive of the week - I went grocery shopping in the morning for 45 mins. The last time I went out the house was last Friday, 7 days ago so it feels odd to step out and drive again. It really felt odd and everything was quiet and there were very few cars around.

I realise that being at home is not bad as I thought initially. I miss seeing some people but I love the comfort of my own room and having the upper hand of controlling my own time, my breaks and I become more focused on my work. The only distraction I have are my cats but they are not allowed to go into my room. I do not have kids yet so I don't have small children running around or making noise so it is pretty quiet except if I decide to turn on music. I like it - it feels peaceful. I don't feel like I am missing out on any events or anything because the whole country and the whole world is also #stayingathome. I think we should all embrace this while we have this moment of pause, this moment of mute, this moment of silence that is created out of necessity to prevent something unwanted from spreading. Is it a good time? Obviously not because many people are suffering as a result of this but we need to try to look on the bright side and good side of things so that we remain hopeful, sane and content with our lives. It also gives us a moment to reflect and repent - how have we treated others. Do we realise that things can change within the blink of an eye? Did we appreciate all we had or were we complaining the whole time? I do feel like God is upset with many of us - He wants to send a message and remind us that no matter how powerful and strong we think we are, ultimately He is the most powerful one. He controls all things and we forget to send our gratitude and prayers to Him. People still fight around the world, political instability, greed and hunger for power and money is seen everywhere. People do not appreciate what they have until they lose it.

Having this moment of pause to reflect also in a positive way helped me to prioritise so so much better. Given the time and circumstances that I have, what are important? What are not important? What do I need to do first? I do not know if you feel it but I feel an urgency to get the important things done fast. I feel the need to say anything good I wanted to say to people and whatever good I wanted to do asap. I realise that certain things are important and I tend to focus less on the petty things. Then, I ask myself why could I not have done this before? Why am I better at it now? Well, we need a push or something to drive us sometimes to reach a certain destination. And sometimes, we can be unsure if we have reached that destination until we actually do.

People. There is so much to say about people when it comes to this topic. We started with thinking that people around the world can be very discriminating and racist - we tend to generalise people and have a presumption about them before even getting our facts right. People can also be very selfish. In times like this, some people are only concerned about the own needs and their own safety an their own health and their own personal agenda. Is there anything wrong with that? Of course not, you need to take care of yourself BUT not at the expense of harming others. In this scenario, people's actions and decisions can harm other people. Hence, this makes it even more complicated because people have different views on things. We have different level of compliance as well. This can create social tension because some people are questioning - why are you getting into my business and my life. People are concerned about what other people are doing, where other people are going, how much other people are buying because it can affect us. While those people who do not care think it is none of other people's business, what they need to realise that in this particular case, it is. Period. In this environment, what you do, where you go, how much you buy is other people's business, hello it is even the government's business. I respect that everyone has their own life commitment but during this period of movement control order, we all must work together and support each other to keep going and to make this spreading of the virus stop completely. This situation is testing our ability to work together as a community to prevent this from spreading. What's sad and upsetting is that not everybody cares and not everybody complies - they do not realise their actions may impact others.

Relationship and friendship. In these tough times, this is the moment you realise who are your good friends and who are merely acquaintances. If you know someone going through a tough time, a family impacted by this situation or anyone who may be alone and need support, be there for them and say kind words. Moments like this, you have to be very careful about your choice of words. People are sensitive in these times and may not accept unreasonable jokes. Also, I do not understand this about some people. If you know you have something that the other person does not, why shove it in their face? For example, if you have feet and you talk to someone who does not have feet, would you say to them I am so lucky I have feet. Simple answer, no. There is this good guide for those people who do not know simple rules of talking to people THINK- True, Helpful, Inspiring, Necessary, Kind. THINK stands for these 5 words and before you say anything to someone, think carefully - is what you are about to say either one of these - is it true? is it helpful? is it inspiring? is it necessary? is it kind? If the answer is no, then, by all means, keep your thoughts to yourself, thank you very much. People can be so inconsiderate and I really don't know where humanity is going, to be honest. If you are speaking to someone who does not have something that you have, say something to make them feel better about the situation or that is UPLIFTING. Help make them feel good of the situation. And finally, remember this, when the going gets tough, the tough gets going. It means at the end of the day, those who have endured the most hardship and persevered will be the ones who can survive any situation even when it gets tough. You will also get a huge reward from God if you are patient insyaAllah. If you are always in your comfort zone and never wanting to take any challenge, then when life gets tough, it can get too much for you. To me, it does not matter if you are a man or a lady. You need to stand up and become strong and independent. Yes, there can be a degree of reliance on others but at the end of the day, building your own inner strength can do you a lot of good in the long run.

With that, I'd like to wish everyone a calm Friday night and a weekend full of love and light.

Virtual hugs and kisses. Please take care. XOXO











Comments

  1. It would take you less than two minute to find home workout routines by the thousands of fitness enthusiasts who are sharing their own home workouts whilst in the lockdown time frame. Read:working from home: fitness & food.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Google Ads

Popular posts from this blog

What You Need to Know Before Rebonding Your Hair

SPM Tips: The Right Way To Study Biology, Physics and Chemistry

Last Minute Add Math Tips For SPM

How To Clean White Laptop

My SPM Results

Family Vacation in Kota Kinabalu