My Fav Google Ads

How I Maintain my Body Weight

Dear all,

Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri, maaf zahir & batin. Hope everyone had a good holiday! I was in KL and Malacca last week, it was so fun! Now back to work and to earn more $$ for more fun in life :) Kidding, life is not all about fun. Also, starting to think about responsibilities and savings and adult things.

Anyhow, random info, Miss Russia/ first runner up Miss World just viewed my instastory. Once upon a time in my life, I was approached by someone influential in that industry who suggested I try Beauty Pageant or Miss Malaysia. Aww, I am honoured that he said that I actually look similar to Deborah Henry, former Miss Malaysia. I wrote about this before in my blog but I never mentioned that I did give it a think when I finished SPM. Education route & get a scholarship or go that route & do professional hosting & beauty pageants & things like that. The second option was not that sustainable I felt for me and only good when young & pretty. When you get older, you will need to open a business or do more advertisements or ambassador for products since you have the brand. It is possible as well but there are a few other reasons why I decided to go for option 1. I never really mentioned to people that time but I am OK talking about it now. I was like OK, let's wait for SPM results and see if I get a scholarship. If not, possibly I could go that route. I let time tell. If I got good results, maybe the God was trying to tell me to go the educational route. If not as good, then probably the other option was better. I did work very hard for my SPM. I like to do good in anything I do so I worked super hard for SPM. In March 2011 when the SPM results came out, alhamdulillah the results were as great as I could ever expect, all A +. I was confident that getting a scholarship and pursuing a degree immediately would be the best option at that time. Also, I can be a little conservative at times. Being in a beauty pageant, I think you have to be prepared to even wear a bikini, whoops.


Back to maintaining the ideal body weight, I do try my best to maintain healthy body weight. In 2013, my weight was in the 40s. I was a little underweight for my height. However, the thing is at that time I had a petite, slim figure but I felt that a little curve & shape would be alright. From that time onwards, I was less concern about what I ate and plus, I went to study in London and the weather just made me ate more. 4 years later, I gained almost 10kg from my original weight when I first arrived in London. How I felt about it? The thing is that I was really focusing on studying for my degree & uni life that I did not give so much thought on body weight and rarely weighed myself. I always tried to eat healthy, do yoga, go to the gym and go for extra aerobic classes and I felt healthy so that was all that matters. Little did I know that I was slowly gaining weight despite the constant workouts. I think I also build muscles which could also add to body weight over time. Regardless, as soon as I graduated I put more focus on slimming down at certain areas and also to lose a little bit of weight. When I say certain areas, I actually mean it XD When I exercise, I do strategic exercise.

OK, let's talk about strategic exercise. It is exercise when you target where to lose fat. I do not just simply exercise for the sake of sweating. Since I was young in my early teens, I started doing what's called strategic exercise. We did not have that much access to youtube and all but I thought for myself on what ideal body weight meant to me. I did it the traditional way and got this exercise CD by Denise Austin. It was a pretty old CD maybe from the 90s or so but it was short and simple and I did the routine for so long, from when I was 12 years old (before my little brother was born) up to when I was 23 or so until the CD could not work well. I kept it with me until I went to university. I loved the routine a lot. The routine was about targeting the tummy fat, slimming down the stomach but maintaining the buttocks and breast area. I stuck to the saying, if you work hard you will achieve at least part of it. It is easy to feel that you work hard and not see results. Speaking of exams per se. However, I have always trained myself that I need to aim for 120% to get 100%. If I aim for 100%, high chance I will get 90% or lower. Always aim higher or work harder than your base case for success or the minimum that you want to achieve. So, when you achieve less it is OK. This is a mindset rule. It is good for your well-being too.

Apart from exercise, diet is also crucial. I try to have some nights where I eat light dinner, fruits, veggie, biscuits, meat only, no grains or carbs. When I do feel like it, I do even eat rice at night. I do not believe in too strict diets where you restrict yourself too much and feel unhappy. If food makes you happy, by all means, enjoy it but enjoy it moderately. Do not eat it all in 1 go or in 1 day. To be honest, even during festive seasons, I feel that I have good self-control. I am a basic person when it comes to eating. Simple things satisfy me and make me happy. When I eat, the lesser the gravy and add-ons, the better. The less cooked the veg, the better. For bread, the plainer, the better.  If I like one thing, I am OK eating it repeatedly for many times. To cut short, the simpler the better when it comes to food. People did not call me Plain Jane when it comes to food for no reason. I enjoy food and all but I won't be the kind of person trying so many foods here and there when I travel. Maybe it might happen one day but for now, let me stick to the basics. Hence why food at the moment is less of a concern but still when I have my favourite food on the table, I can for seconds and thirds but the thing is I have limited super favourite foods so yeah. The funny thing is that some people feel that I often eat a lot and are surprised. I can eat a lot, to be honest especially at lunch, my peak eating time or late afternoon if I skipped lunch. But then I allow myself to eat a lot in the day, because then I can sustain for many hours without feeling hungry, sometimes up to 9 hours from when I eat a full, heavy meal with no eating and just drinking.

Anyhow, do what you feel is best. You know your body. If you need snacks, take them with you. If you need a heavy meal, then go for it. Lately, in Ramadan, I lost 2 kg. That is super a lot for me, because I find it difficult to lose weight. Initially, some people asked me if I lost weight during Ramadan and I was like don't think so. I don't keep a weighing machine, else I would be too obsessed. Also, there is no fan in my kitchen and I sweat like mad sometimes like in a sauna. I left this on purpose and since I would not mind sweating like mad at home because then I could take a quick shower, I think this also helped me to lose weight lately. My face area and neck would sweat too which is why I realise that my face got slimmer since I graduated. Also, in Sarawak where I'm working, I think I eat less compared to when I'm in KL. In KL, if mum or grandma cooks I eat a lot and then we often go out and eat at our favourite places. These factors altogether have helped me to lose a little bit of weight and also help me maintain my figure. Airconditioning has been suggested by people but for now, it has not helped me keep the cost down but also help me to slim down by sweating a lot haha. The basic things in life can actually be good for our well-being. Find a balance between being simple and comfortable. Just a quick sharing from me, hope these helped or inspired you to keep healthy :)


Take care everyone, have a wonderful week.


Lots of love,
XOXO







Comments

Google Ads

Popular posts from this blog

What You Need to Know Before Rebonding Your Hair

SPM Tips: The Right Way To Study Biology, Physics and Chemistry

Last Minute Add Math Tips For SPM

How To Clean White Laptop

My SPM Results

Family Vacation in Kota Kinabalu