My Fav Google Ads

The Power of Kindness

Dear beautiful people,

I really have been feeling like blogging and today I went to see a friend and at her desk, she had so many motivational quotes and it reminded me how much I like reading and writing motivational posts here. I also asked on instastory for suggestions! The first reply is motivational-related and the second one is 'Titi', my lovely pet. I love both suggestions but today I will write on the first suggestion. Thanks for the Titi suggestion, I keep forgetting that I want to write about her. People bring her up in our convo and I will glow to the max, love talking about her hehe.

Also,  I was in Genting Highlands about to ride a super scary ride then suddenly it played the song by Selena Gomez, 'Kill Em with Kindness'. The lyrics really hit me.

The world can be a nasty place. 
We don't have to fall from grace.
Put down the weapon you fight with.
Kill em with kindness.

You lies are bullets.
Your mouth's a gun.
No war in anger has ever won.
Put out the fire.
Before igniting.

To be honest, I never paid attention to the lyrics that much. But at that point, I was scared to ride that super scary ride but was convinced to. So, I was like 'alright, I'll do it and overcome my fears'.
At that moment, the lyrics of this song felt so deep, I almost teared.  The world is indeed a nasty place. There is so much negativity everywhere, so much pain and there are continuously problems, one after another. People can be nasty, not everything you see is as it seems. Being too kind can put you in danger but it is ultimately kindness and compassion that makes the world a better place. There is this popular book by Piero Ferruci called 'The Power of Kindness'.

Kindness is something so close to my heart. I am attracted to kind people. They do not have to be the typical kind, polite person but random acts of kindness ignite my heart and my soul literally. I can be super professional (feeling-less) but when I feel or see acts of kindness, I just suddenly feel alive. I also try my best to spread kindness to others. If you are reading this and know me personally, I hope I am kind to you :) And in his book, he described the concept of kindness and how it not only leads to our own individual happiness and the happiness of those around us but will also protect us from global cooling. OMG what is global cooling? I never heard of this term in a kindness context until now. Global warming is dangerous for the environment. Global cooling is dangerous for mankind and humanity. In my opinion, you are exposed to global cooling in environments that are super professional like the corporate world and also super technical research environments/ academia. Where it only involves science, technology and non-human interactions, there is bound to be global cooling. The world is becoming cold, anxious, difficult and frightening and as our life pace grows faster, communications have become hurried and impersonal. Warm and genuine feelings are replaced with selfish and the drive for profit. It feels sad at first then we get used to it and accept. However, it does not have to be like this. In your own circle, in your world, you can be the one to initiate kindness. And baby, kindness is contagious. You may not receive the exact kindness that you give to others but in one way or another, you will receive kindness. Karma is true ;)

3 main negative characteristics that people in the world acquire today are violence, self-centredness and narcissism. Do you fall in either one of this category? I mean nobody is perfectly perfect but studies show that the kindest people are most likely to thrive and enable others to thrive and turn the world towards love.

Back to the lyrics of the song, 'we dont have to fall from grace'. This hit me hard. We often think that just because the world is a nasty place, we let go of our moral values or principles or act the same to others. But not, just because other people want to be nasty, we should never fall from grace and our own conscience. And if you have already 'used a weapon to fight', put it down because the easiest way to win a fight is with kindness. 'No war in anger has ever won'. Only once you put out the fire within you which I know can be very difficult to do, then only victory is yours.


Trust me, one of the most hurtful feelings is for someone that hurt you to realise that all you have been was kind to them. It would hurt them more to know how much wrong they have done. You may not see or believe this but deep inside you may not know. Nobody will ever be happy hurting someone else, they can pretend and find distractions to make themselves happy but never will they be truly and genuinely happy. Remember that my dear and I hope and wish that all of you continue spreading kindness and be happy.

PS: Thanks for all the quick responses on me choosing a blogtopic. As I am writing, more suggestions came in. I will note them down and write them soon iA :) Muah

Lots of love from me

XOXO








Comments

Google Ads

Popular posts from this blog

What You Need to Know Before Rebonding Your Hair

SPM Tips: The Right Way To Study Biology, Physics and Chemistry

Last Minute Add Math Tips For SPM

Family Vacation in Kota Kinabalu

How To Clean White Laptop

My SPM Results