My Fav Google Ads

How to Feel Good About Life and Yourself

Dear beautiful people,

How is everyone doing? Hope everyone is doing great :) Sending love and light your way.

It's raining outside and I am just resting on my bed with my current favourite song, Happy Now by Zedd. Went for a jog this morning, then went for grocery and came home to cook lunch. Had a quick, simple lunch, nothing fancy hehe. I have been feeling like I needed some alone time and also needed to get work done so this 3-day weekend was perfect for that. Surprisingly, it has been pretty good and I have been enjoying my own company hehe. I will be catching a flight soon so this has been some really good recharging time for me.

I really was not sure what to blog on next but then I saw someone's instagram post with a wonderful motivational quote and it made me feel like writing something motivational. It said 'You can go through hell and still be nice'. On another post it said 'Surround yourself with those that see greatness within you, even when you do not see it yourself'. I like deep, meaningful conversations and kind people. I really like these two quotes, one of the reasons I like being on instagram and follow all these motivational and beautiful people that share amazing things. Three of my favourite instagram post: Cute animal pictures, motivational quotes I can relate and beautiful pictures of people/places/sceneries that all inspire me and make me feel happy and a sense of belonging. The first quote, I can relate a lot. People assume nice people do not have problems and have it all going well. Excuse me, there is a difference between having a problem and let everyone see and be affected by it vs having a problem and being mature about it and treating people right. This week, alhamdulillah I received a lot of compliments aww, did not expect it, thank you my lovess. I tend to be critical of myself sometimes and put high expectations so I really need people around me who see the good in me. If I am around people who I think are judgemental or negative, I completely shut down and keep to myself. I may just listen and give feedback but never open up.  For me, it works well like that.

Speaking of the blog topic today, I have a confession. I will open up about something that maybe some of you can relate or learn from. If you ask me how's life? Well, it is getting better. This is a transition period. Transition periods are never easy. First job and moving to a new city. There are some things I need to put on hold during this transition period. I think to myself, those who really care about me will understand. Now I am still transitioning and almost 6 months in, I feel now I have reached more stability now alhamdulillah. Moving to a new city means going back to square 1. You do not know anybody here well. Two of the close friends I made have now left the city. I was quite sad about them leaving. We can plan but God has better plans. There are still many amazing people here and I shall cherish them while they are here. I understand that many things are temporary and change will continue in life from time to time. Things will never be completely the same. We all need the skill to manage change well. When I first arrived in this city, I had a meltdown on the first night. My sister and dad were with me at the hotel. I told them I could not imagine living here, it was impossible. I was living in London and previously Kuala Lumpur, both metropolitan and big cities. This was too quiet and still and not as well-developed. I cried on the first night then the next day, miraculously, I was OK. I was surprised myself, I was suddenly all OK and positive about it. I just needed to cry a little and let it out then I toughened up and was OK. From that night, I did not tear anymore about being here. I am proud of myself for that. I was being mature about the situation and positive. I told myself, 'Darling, you never have to force yourself to do anything you are uncomfortable or unwilling to do. Give it some time. If you really are unhappy, you have a choice.' So, I faced my fears and many first times and I did pretty well. I am feeling happier about things and I am settling in. The best thing is that I like my job and that is the most important thing. I like them as a company and I like all the fun things happening in the company and I like the role I am given in the company.

I have this strength and inner voice in me that will tell me to do the right thing when I am feeling down or unhappy about something. That time, when I was crying, I was feeling unhappy temporarily but then my mind and heart did not allow me to be unhappy for long. It thought of ways to make me feel better, to pick myself up and feel good about life and about myself. I am no counsellor or motivation guru but here are some things that helped me with that:


  • I am not going to teach you that money buys happiness but money can really make a difference. If I was really going to live in this city, I had to make my surrounding look pretty because pretty things make me happy. I cannot compare my home in KL and my home here. In KL, everything is generally up there. My home in KL is heavily guarded, security overload that sometimes it gets a little annoying. So, since there is not the same level of security here, I had to choose wisely where I decided to stay and take safety precautions that made me feel safer insyaAllah. Speaking of pretty things, after security, I wanted to decorate my room and have my own personal touch so I would always look forward to coming back to my room and felt comfortable spending time in my room. This is when money comes in. Having a little extra money or savings can help with this. 

  • Build strong and healthy relationships. As much as you need to be independent and rely less on other people, it is important to have good relations with people around you. Be willing to help out others and hopefully others will be able to help you when you are in need.
  • Focus on your strength and be positive. I am sure for every 1 thing you are not able to do, there are 10 things you are able to do. So, continue learning and stay positive.
  • Learn from others. Lower your ego, some people tend to have so much ego. Words can hurt more than you think. Even if you do not know someone well, it never hurts to get to know people and be kind.
  • Exercise boosts happy hormones! Healthy food makes you feel good.
  • Do what makes you happy as long as it does not hurt others. Even though a plane ticket back home costs a lot, it makes me happy so I do it anyway when I can.
  • Some people are very keen on saving lots. For me, you have to live in the present. You never know what holds for you in the future so go ahead and spend money on what you like and what you enjoy. As long as it is not spent blindly and there are some savings, I am all for living your life and making others happy.
  • I feel good when I make others happy. So, I have to carefully identify what important people in my life like. If they like me calling them, I'll do that. If they like gifts, I will try my best to get a gift when I travel or on birthdays. If they like me giving advice, I'll do my best. As long as that person is respectful of me and understanding of my priorities, does not drain my energy, makes me feel good about myself and I am happy spending time with that person, I am all yours. You don't even have to tick all the boxes and I can still be all yours ;) How I feel about a person is usually the key decider. Tell me what you like and I'll do it. 
  • Pray. This is key for me. I will never be where I am today without God. He has always been there for me in happy and not-so-happy times. I always pray and rely on Him and building a good relationship with God has helped me the most feeling good about life and myself.


Hope these tips come useful in any of your life situations. Please do let me know if you have a blog topic request. More than happy to hear from you. Have a lovely start of the week.


XOXO,
Meen















Comments

Google Ads

Popular posts from this blog

What You Need to Know Before Rebonding Your Hair

SPM Tips: The Right Way To Study Biology, Physics and Chemistry

Last Minute Add Math Tips For SPM

Family Vacation in Kota Kinabalu

How To Clean White Laptop

My SPM Results