My Fav Google Ads

Ways to Motivate Yourself and Increase Enthusiasm in Life

Dear all,

This blog post is dedicated to A, she sent me a sweet insta message and it said :

Hi (flower and bunny emoji) :) I found your blog online and you really inspire me (flower emoji). I am sitting for spm this year and it is really hard on me. Can you give me some motivation because I am very lacking it?

This is a short snapshot of our conversation. She mentioned that she feels demotivated and depressed at times. The reason why I am sharing the message (not the name) is that I want others out there reading this or feeling the same to realise that there are many people out there who feel the same as you if you are feeling this way. Whatever you are feeling today I am sure there is someone out there somewhere, feeling the same or felt the same before.


Today's motivation of the week is on developing motivation, drive and enthusiasm on what you are currently doing in life whether you are studying, working, a housewife or working towards any goal. This is called 'semangat' in Malay and I am not sure the direct translation in English. There is no 1 word that would translate the meaning so I am describing it in 3 different words; motivation, drive and enthusiasm.

The reason why I chose this topic is that it is so so applicable to everyone no matter what you do. And have you ever felt that you have loads of things you want to do but then when you do have time to do it you don't have the mood? Or you do not have the drive? Or there is something you always want to do but never got to it? Maybe it is losing weight or starting a new business?

Today, for the first time I had to take a sick leave and left work after lunch. Been feeling ill for a few days and last night felt quite bad. Last night, I spoke to my best friend who is now in Spain and she advised me to take a medical certificate and take the whole day off. I was like noo, she was like yes you need it. She sent me beautiful pictures of her trip to Spain and by chance, I was feeling ill that time so we talked about it. She is French and because I have 2 French besties, I am totally supporting France for the World Cup :) I had a headache so by 11am close to lunch I went to a clinic, got meds and the doctor advised me to take the rest of the day off. Even that, I was reluctant. I don't like to rest if it working time. Pretty much a workaholic at times ;) hehe #youknowme. I gave in because I really could not stand it any longer. After a well rested afternoon and evening, alhamdulillah I am feeling better now. Still on meds so I might doze off soon, better finish writing this fast! My bestie here in the city I am working in accompanied me to the clinic, I got like so many meds then we went for lunch. I'm new here in the city so I do not know many people yet but I am blessed to know a few people who are supportive, warm and caring and whom I can click with instantly. It is not easy you know, when you have to start back from square 1 and not know anybody in the city. I guess I made friends pretty quickly and got to know some very amazing people :)

Back to enthusiasm, so basically in the case like this morning mine was probably at the lower end of the spectrum and to increase it again, I literally had to stop what I was doing at a convenient time even though I would prefer to continue. A colleague of mine who has not been feeling well for almost two weeks heard about me leaving home early from work. He was like 'Oh no...' and said I probably got it from him and then said sorry... He looked serious while apologising, pretty cute ;) I call it recharging myself. It was like I tired myself out until my battery was critically low and I just had to shut down everything, go home and sleep and not check my phone or anything for a few hours until I felt recharged again. Feeling ill is not a pleasant feeling, I am so thankful I am feeling better as I am writing this. That was an example of what I had to do to increase the enthusiasm for what I do. If I really cannot, I have to stop and then continue again. But I would not find easy reasons to stop. It would have to be something I really cannot control then I will stop. Here are some short and brief ways to motivate yourself:



  • Listen to your heart, what does it prefer to do.
  • Do what you love.
  • Be kind to yourself.
  • Do it slowly and at your own pace.
  • Don't compare.
  • Credit yourself.
  • Change the ways you do things.
  • Stay positive, look at the bright side.
  • Have a hobby.
  • Have a moment in the day or week when you completely shut yourself from all gadgets, phones, people and life. Just you and your thoughts and relax.
  • Imagine the best outcome of what you are doing.
  • Imagine yourself a successful person.
  • Believe in yourself.
  • Believe you can do anything if you set your mind to it.
  • Take care of your health.
  • Have positive relationships around you.
  • Keep away from negativity, don't respond if possible.
  • Have a list of your favourite motivation words around your room or study/work area.
  • You must look forward to something in life, be it a holiday, meeting someone, doing something, watching something, anything. In order to be motivated, you must be looking forward to something. I am certainly counting days to go home hehe
I am sidetracking now. Last night, I video called with my little brother. I was so ill in the afternoon and by night I was slightly better but when I video called with him for the first time in a long time, I was suddenly in a super good mood. I always look at him like a tiny baby and remember how it was when he was a newborn baby and a toddler so I often have a soft spot when it comes to my brother or small kids. His picture is still my laptop home screen and also in my room in London, I had so many of his photos in my room. If you don't know what to chat about with me or want me to speak a lot, mention my brother and I will start chatting non-stop ;) It is a topic that makes me in a good mood constantly, haha I sound obsessed. I was surprised because he sent me the longest text message ever in my whole entire life. So, I video called him instantly. I do not get a chance to do so often because he does not like conversations on the phone as a child when I was in London. I would only get to speak to him very briefly and he would be distracted and say goodbye. This time I managed to have a 30-minute video call which was pretty good for his standards of phone calls. Ok, so his text message was about school. His teacher gave him his exam marks and he did superb! His teacher also commented that wow, with all the days he missed school for his badminton tournaments, the teacher did not expect that he would do this well. My brother was so excited and texted me to say this last night. Well done baby bro :)

Back to the tips:

  • Try doing something you have not done in a long time. Give some thought to this.
  • Try doing something different. Take a different route and change your routines.
  • Spread kindness and smiles even if you are not feeling the best.
  • Learn and read. There is a calmness in reading that people underestimate. If you are online and not reading, consider your priorities. Going online is good but there are also some things that need to be read and not just listened or watched. There are some good content out there, I just finished watching some great Youtube videos hehe
  • Take one day at a time. The future will work itself out.
  • Eat your favorite food and drink.
  • Make new friends and always be open to getting to know new people. Some people like to be in their comfort zone and are only OK with people they know well. You have no idea there are so many more wonderful people in the world. Broaden your horizons and meet more people. Yet still, cherish the old ones who know you inside out. Appreciate them all.
  • Be OK making the first move in everything.
  • Expect less.
  • Give more.
  • Love life and it will love you back.



Have a beautiful weekend my lovelies, lots of love and warm wishes.

Do let me know if you have suggestions for my next blogtopic.

Till then
XOXO


Comments

Google Ads

Popular posts from this blog

What You Need to Know Before Rebonding Your Hair

SPM Tips: The Right Way To Study Biology, Physics and Chemistry

Last Minute Add Math Tips For SPM

Family Vacation in Kota Kinabalu

How To Clean White Laptop

My SPM Results