My Fav Google Ads

Starting Work for the First Time

Dear all,

Hope everyone is doing great!

This is my first post since I started my first job. After a long break I needed so much, I am now refueled and more motivated to start this new chapter of working life. I moved to an island-sort-of. It is connected to land but very near the coastal region. The only means of going home from here is by flying. This means that I will be on the aeroplane pretty often from now on. This is really the job I wanted. It is related to what I studied and so happy and thankful for this job opportunity.

It is better than I expected. I had so many mixed feelings about it at first and now that I am more settled, I am so grateful that it turned out better than expected. Any transition will always require time for us to figure things out and get things properly sorted. The uncertainty of many things is very high when you first move to a new place. Nevertheless, I told myself. You are young, this is your first job opportunity, go out there and fly. Seek new adventures, give your best, do everything you ever wanted then when you are done with that, you can seek something different. For now, it's just 'cheers to new adventures' for me while I am still able to and have no family commitments.

Back to starting work for the first time, there has been so much adrenaline rush this past week. Lots of pleasant surprises and changes and meeting new people. On the first day of work, my boss took us all for sushi. During the dinner of about 10 of us, I met a nice intern friend, someone who knows my good friend and someone who knows my mum. There was so much dynamic that I forgot to take a picture hehe. Such a warm welcome. My housemate cooked mee soto for me today and I met really nice friends. Yesterday I went out with my friend to a park, we went on this bridge, fed fish and did some errands together. I drive here so I am improving my driving skills after not driving at all in London for many years. I got my driving license when I was 18 so had to practice while I was in KL. It is not too hard once you have the basics. You just need courage and confidence.  People here are pretty warm and laid back. In KL, people are more in a rush and mind our own business. I find people here more concern, patient (they do not honk on the road when you drive slow) and calm. Maybe it is the greenery, sunset and tranquility. People's behaviour can be affected by their surroundings. I am pretty observant so I realise these small things. Some not-so-fun things are like restaurants and mamaks close too early. So many dogs on the loose outside and open burnings. These do not affect me too much because I like to go home early and the dogs guard our houses.

I shall sum it up with quick tips on starting your first job:


  • Present yourself well. Attire, some basic makeup, perfume, watch, comfortable heels/sandals.
  • Introduce yourself briefly.
  • Listen carefully and speak only when needed on the first day. 
  • Take notes, bring a small notebook. 
  • Get to know the people you will be working with. Try to remember names.
  • Have an office map with you. My office floor is like a maize so the map helps hehe
  • Don't pressure yourself into anything. It is your first day.
  • Leave on time. There is no need to stay late or leave too early. 
  • Smile, be nice. Give a good first impression.
  • Finish up all the paperwork as soon as you can. It will get busier once you get projects to do.
  • Make your work table comfortable.
  • Make use of all the exciting things at work.
  • Remember your benefits and the paycheck at the end of the month to motivate you ;)
  • Plan your expenditure, do not overspend and do not be too thrifty with your money. I always believe that life is not all about savings. Learn to enjoy what you earn, gain experience and treat yourself and the people you love. 
  • Do your very best to the work assigned. 
  • Gain experience and learn. It is your first job after all. 
  • Enjoy. There is nothing more exciting than enjoying your job. Yesterday, I actually briefly thought 'I can't wait for Monday'. I have never felt like this before so this is a good sign alhamdulillah.  



Goodnight everyone, I know I have a few comments to reply to. I will do as soon as I can.

Till then, take care and have a great week ahead.

Lots of love
XOXO







Comments

Google Ads

Popular posts from this blog

What You Need to Know Before Rebonding Your Hair

SPM Tips: The Right Way To Study Biology, Physics and Chemistry

Last Minute Add Math Tips For SPM

How To Clean White Laptop

My SPM Results

Family Vacation in Kota Kinabalu