My Fav Google Ads

Meen's Life Updates: March 2018

Dear all, happy March!

Can you believe it? We are almost a quarter-way through the year of 2018. Today I had piano class. This morning I woke up extra early and cycled at 730am. I do not usually wake up this early but I slept at 1030pm last night, hence the early morning. I was super exhausted yesterday. My brother was playing badminton at Interzone level from Monday to Thursday and most days, it started at 8am so we left home by 730am. Also, I felt a little ill on Wednesday and so thankful I feel much better today. He won second place in doubles game and received a medal, certificate and a badminton bag gift for his achievement. Now he will play at a higher level and I am so happy for him. I am a family-oriented person so being home and being able to participate in my family members activities is something that makes me happy.


This week, there are 3 important birthdays. First, my dearest grandmother, my lovely sister and my best friend from high school. All 3 in a week. We had a little surprise for my sister in her room on her birthday eve which I planned and made a banner and sparkly cards and notes around her room with balloons and a framed photo-string kind of thing, I do not know what it is called but here I have attached the picture. I was in-charge of recording a video of the surprise. My brother held three bottles of snow-like streamers. My dad hid in her room and held the long tube of confetti which was to be twisted and confetti would fly up everywhere (nobody else wanted to do this hehe) and my mum called to ask what time she was coming home from ballet and to click play for the birthday song. I coordinated everyone's task and only had 30 minutes to decorate her room. My dad helped with tying the banner up high. I arrived home 745pm and she was coming home around 830pm. I had all the balloons ready and she had no idea. Just 2 hours before, we were having Baskin Robin ice cream together and I pretended I was going for golf right after ( I managed to go for golf yesterday yaay) but actually I was going to get the balloons, streamers etc. She arrived and she had not a single clue that was going to happen. She is usually good at guessing but had not a single clue this time. I have improved my surprising skills. Since I was away, we usually just give each other belated gifts for our birthdays and no celebration involving me. My family usually celebrate it in Malaysia (they video call me sometimes so I feel included and send me lots of pictures) while I am in the UK and when I come home in July-Sept, we do not usually do a post celebration or anything because it has been long and there is my brother birthday to celebrate within that time. This year was special. 2018 allowed me to do things I have not done in a long long time.
The next day on her actual birthday, I surprised her with 8 large sunflowers which were delivered to her work since her birthday was on a weekday. When she returned from work (on her birthday itself), we went for dinner at Fish & Co. We never went there but since our family is all about trying new things and be adventurous, I thought she would enjoy this place. Her horoscope is also a Pisces so fish would be a good meal hehe. I am a detailed person so when I give my all, I give my all to every single tiny detail. The last time I was home for her birthday was in 2013, 5 years ago (half a decade omg!) so I wanted to make this special.  My mission was successful. I had some extra time so I managed to organise my time making a homemade banner, personalised things like the photo string and tie all her gifts with matching coloured ribbons. During the dinner we had, I asked everyone to wear something red because she likes themed events so I chose red as the dress code for dinner. Fish & Co deserve a 5* review. Great food, great and fast service and they had a little happy birthday song at the end. I ordered almond tiramisu cake which was nice as well. The atmosphere was relaxed and we all enjoyed it. Birthdays are the time when you do not want to get a wrong order or a difficult waiter. None of that happened so thank you so much!









So, this week has been busy with fun things and also tiring as I have been sleeping late an waking up early every day. This weekend, we are having a family gathering at my grandma's for the joint grandma and sister party. Loads of food and I am in charge of getting the pizza and beriyani rice. I have also ordered a cake (secret) which is to be delivered straight to my grandma's house. It was the same baker I ordered my boyfriend's cake from. Today feels like a more relaxing day. I have a friend who wants to meet later to say goodbye. I had my last piano class this morning and before that I managed to do some cycling.


Speaking of goodbyes, on top of all this fun busy-ness, I will be back to business soon and moving to another city. What an adventure life is for me now. One day, here. The next day, there. The following day, who knows. I am thankful to have a brief pause period where I just relaxed and did things I enjoyed. I really needed it. I do not know how people just study and study, work and work and never stop. Some people tell me they have no choice. Some people say they would be bored if they were not studying or working. The thing about me, I do not get bored easily. I find things to do. Life is never supposed to be boring. If I have free time, you will see all the things I come up with. Those who see my instastories will know most. Even that, I only share sometimes. I do not want to overshare and for example, I share an instastory of going to piano or golf lessons. Those classes are on a weekly basis but I would not share a picture everytime I go for it. Just once or twice is enough or if there is anything extra special to share. I am a very cautious person as well and I always think twice before sharing anything. Speaking of moving, there is so much to it. Lots of mixed feelings but mostly excited for this new adventure. I have had a nice, long rest and now ready to make the move. All the main things on my to-do list for this holiday has been crossed out and important birthdays have been celebrated so back to work it is. I am pretty excited and will share updates on a separate post.




Till then, take care everyone. Stay healthy, safe and happy.

Lots of love

XOXO





Comments

Google Ads

Popular posts from this blog

What You Need to Know Before Rebonding Your Hair

SPM Tips: The Right Way To Study Biology, Physics and Chemistry

Last Minute Add Math Tips For SPM

How To Clean White Laptop

My SPM Results

Family Vacation in Kota Kinabalu