My Fav Google Ads

Reflecting on Success, Beauty, Money, Glory and True Happiness; Michelle Phan is Truly Inspiring


I am a simple girl, simplicity is part of me and is who I want to be. When I was younger, I did not like to spend money on unnecessary items. I liked seeing people with makeup and fancy things but I genuinely did not want it. I did not like to portray luxury, fame and beauty alone. At a young age, I felt that there were so many things to work for, so many dreams to achieve, so many things to learn and talent yet to discover. Studying and education can be undermined these days. Popularity, beauty and luxury are often prioritised. It's not wrong at all, I like them too. It's just that I feel that everyone's life journey is different and people prioritise different things at different stages of their lives. Also, I wanted to be known for my skills, talent and success and since I was good at studying, this was my main focus for many years. Whatever your talent is, whether it is art, music, sports, makeup, be proud of your talent and work on developing your skills. Success makes you content at heart but I learned from experience, you should never be obsessed with a single thing. Do not put all your confidence and self-esteem on one thing because then you will depend on that one thing to make you happy. I have learned that people often forget that moderacy is the key to inner happiness. Whatever you do, do not get too obsessed with it. If you are, then you need to pause and reflect. Take time off and focus on other things. It's not bad to be success-driven but have a balance and to have a balance, you need to be moderate in many things that you do. When I was younger, I told myself that I wanted to focus entirely on studying as a student and I told myself that I would focus on those other things once I completed student life. Graduating is a turning point in my life where I have experiences many changes, uncertainties and I feel like a major chapter in my life as a student is accomplished. The road ahead in the real adult world is full of bumpy roads I know but I am looking forward to embrace the different and exciting things that are yet to come in the future. Now, I am so proud of my younger self and for being where I am now. It takes a lot of strong will as a teenager and young adult in this 21st century to be focused and driven. 


Recently, in my attempt to try new things, I started exploring makeup and trying new things and this led me to Kinokuniya where I was browsing for hours two weeks ago. I was about to leave the bookstore (reluctantly) and as I was about to leave, I decided to walk down one last aisle and interestingly, I found a section on Beauty and Fashion. People usually find all these tutorials on Youtube and it is easier to learn these skills when you are watching it. It's like an online class or tutorial and it's easier to learn practical skills when you DIY rather than reading but being a bookworm like me, discovering this book by Michelle Phan was so amazing. I decided to buy it and was so excited as I left the bookstore and in a very cheerful mood as I returned home. I sat on the sofa in my living room while holding the book that night and read the autobiography immediately after dinner. WOW, I love autobiographies and although I do not know Michelle Phan directly, I am so interested to read more. I like her personality, I like the way she writes and I like every single thing about the book. She inspired me in many ways, the way she views life and the lessons she tells in her life story. In a few hours after buying this book, Michelle Phan was immediately on the top list of people who inspire me. Have I heard her name before? Ok, this is embarrassing to admit but no. I was not interested in makeup at all back then but I am now. I like it how she relates makeup to expressing your inner self and taking time to loving yourself before going out of the house. She also mentioned how looking beautiful on the outside can enhance inner confidence and self-esteem, especially when dealing with the world. I am not aiming to become a makeup junkie who cannot leave the house before putting some makeup on. I totally respect those who do but that's not what I aim for. I want myself to be comfortable with or without makeup and I do not want makeup to determine how confident I feel. It can add my confidence but not the sole reason for my confidence. If it's something you genuinely like, go for it. If it is something you feel pressured to do, take a step back.

Here is a video of Michelle Phan that I want you to watch till the end. It made me tear as she sent a powerful message. I came to the realisation that I can connect with someone else on the other side of the world. I felt her strength and strong will in this video and I admire her courage to take a step back and be herself and put aside judgemental society. I wish I can tell her how proud I am of what she achieved and how she is putting her life into perspective. I may not know her in person but this is what I like about the Internet, it allows you to connect with people all over the world who think alike, share the same views and teaches you life lessons. I wish I knew her in person. She is someone I truly admire :)





What I learned from Michelle Phan's video and my favourite take away messages from her video:

  • God or any higher power you believe in has 3 answers to your prayers. Yes, not yet or I have something better.
  • The taste of success is like a drug and you can't get enough.
  • Happiness comes at a cost.
  • Money can bring out the worst in people.
  • Don't be imprisoned by your own vanity and never satisfied with how you look. Don't let your insecurities overpower you.
  • All dreams come to an end then you have to face the reality. 
  • Roads of success are not only paved with failure but you also become a target.
  • Before the fame and money, people are usually more innocent and genuine. Don't let fame and money take that away from you.
  • Money can buy anything but happiness.
  • If you want to fly, you have to give up everything that weighs you down.
  • Every choice, decision good or bad molded me to become the person I am today but they don't control me.
  • You can't buy happiness but you can create it.
  • Make an effort to create happiness around you by letting go of anything that was holding you back and inviting things that would elevate you.
  • Growth is not for everyone, some people want to stay the same forever.




Comments

Google Ads

Popular posts from this blog

What You Need to Know Before Rebonding Your Hair

SPM Tips: The Right Way To Study Biology, Physics and Chemistry

Last Minute Add Math Tips For SPM

Family Vacation in Kota Kinabalu

How To Clean White Laptop

My SPM Results