My Fav Google Ads

Tips to Reduce Anxiety

Dear all,

I know SPM is this week and I want to wish all of you the very best in exams! Do your best, relax, pray and do what you can. I remember how nervous I was a few years ago during my SPM time. Alhamdulillah, student life is over for me(for now). Graduation was last month so I was in London for that. I realise my last post was in September so I have been aiming to write a blog post ever since I returned. So today, as I finish writing in the birthday card for the surprise tomorrow, I came here immediately. 

As I open my blog, I read a few comments that were awaiting moderation. In my attempt to control what gets posted on my online platforms, I changed the settings of comments and tagged photos on my blog and FB to private. Once I approve it, it goes public. As I was checking the new comments here, I was surprised to receive a suicide note from one of the students taking SPM this year on one of my older SPM posts... Oh dear.... I have been blogging for some time and have received so many different emails and comments but none like that one... I am worried after reading that and hope that if you are reading this now, I have replied to your comment there and want you to know that things will be ok. Exams are not everything. There are more exciting things in life and exams do not determine a person's self-worth. If this exam does not go how you want it to, it is fine. Move on to the next stage of life. Hopefully, you will find your forte. Everyone's forte is different. You are on my blog and my forte is studying and acing in exams, etc but it can be different for different people. Do not compare directly with anyone. Learn from other people's mistakes and make other people's success your motivation. Cheer up, there are so many beautiful things in life. Do not let one exam make you lose hope for the rest of the amazing things in life. Everyone reading this, please never ever have suicidal thoughts. Please. Love your life and make the best of it. It does not have to be perfect. If life gives you lemons, make lemonades :) There is always, always a positive side of everything.

So today, I will write a motivational post with hope this helps all those out there encountering a difficult situation or when feeling like there is no hope. Anxiety is normal, everyone feels it once in a while. Before an interview, before a performance or exams and during big events. However, there is a way to overcome this anxiety feeling. Do not let it take over you. Control it before it gets too overwhelming. Here are some things to do when you feel overwhelmed or anxious.

Tips to reduce anxiety:

  • I would start by making a short prayer (zikir). This works best for me so I put this as #1
  • Prepare well for whatever I nervous for. If I know I have an interview and will feel super nervous, I ensure that I have made the preparation- what to say, what to wear, what to bring, the schedule, the journey, the small details. Preparing well REALLY helps reduce the jitters.
  • Do not overthink. Do not think of possibilities or outcomes you may face. Focus on the present. If it has not happened, do not overthink it and imagine an overly-dramatic scene (girls are guilty of this, yes ;))
  • Avoid caffeine, it makes your heart beat even faster!
  • Avoid crowds or from talking too much at the time you feel most anxious.
  • Just accept the fact that you can only do what you can or able to
  • Be kind to yourself
  • Speak to someone you can rely on for some motivational words or seek words of encouragement online or from books. There are many platforms that give some of the best advice, there are even many motivational pages on Instagram
  • Do something else not related to whatever you are anxious about. Do some art, play music, do sports, go out and hang out with your friends, spend time with people who spread positive vibes or read a book or anything that interests you. 
  • Change your environment at times. This is often underestimated but it creates a fresher you:)
  • Create positive relationships, avoid arguments or misunderstandings. Without realising, if you are upset with someone, it bothers you. It does not help if you are feeling anxious at the time because it will make you even more anxious. Be polite and keep all relationships positive or neutral. Avoid negativity in any way. 
  • Spend time doing your hobby. I know everyone is busy with commitments but take some time in the day or week to do what you enjoy. It really will rejuvenate you and make you motivated because you will look forward to something.
  • Be positive. I know some people who are so negative. They are great people but they are so negative about everything. Sometimes, I am surprised by what I hear because they think of things that I never even thought of. I am blessed to be a positive person. I see the positivity in most situations and it does me well alhamdulillah. Strive to be more positive :) +++++++ (sending positive vibes your way)

These are some tips from me on reducing anxiety and I honestly hope it helps. Do take care and have a wonderful week everyone  :)

Any requests on blogtopics, do let me know xxxxx






Comments

Google Ads

Popular posts from this blog

What You Need to Know Before Rebonding Your Hair

SPM Tips: The Right Way To Study Biology, Physics and Chemistry

Last Minute Add Math Tips For SPM

Family Vacation in Kota Kinabalu

How To Clean White Laptop

My SPM Results