My Fav Google Ads

New Year, New Me-en

Dear Blog,

This is my first post of 2017. It seems like my blog readers enjoy reading my personal updates ;) I checked the stats and the number of clicks for my recent post 'Updates of my Life at Uni' is double the one on 'Life Goals'. I have several resolutions but I will just share a few which I think can benefit you or give you an idea on ways to improvise yourself.

I feel that this new academic year has been a new chapter for me in a sense that I have developed into a better person. I do feel that after some changes and chapters in my life, I worry less about what people think of me and I focus more on improving myself and living my life- being happy, simple and who I want to be. I used to worry a lot about what people say, this and that, I worry and tend to overthink. As long as the people closest to me are happy with me, I shall do what is best and things that I enjoy doing. This is one of my resolution, more carefree and living life to the fullest without overthinking too much.

On a different note, friends may come and go. This is something I learned recently. It is hard to let go but the most important thing is to surround yourself with positive energy. Maybe a friend is gone because they brought too much negative energy in your life. Yes, we did have amazing memories but the past is the past and let's make the best of the present. I am trying not to be attached to people. I know I am living in the UK now and making amazing friends but I also know that eventually, I want to return home. And with that, comes goodbyes. Being less attached to people is one of my resolutions. Sometimes, the friendship becomes one-way and only if I am not too attached makes it easier for me. Sometimes, friends want more time than I can give them. This becomes tricky as well. I think I have dealt with both situations in 2016 and it makes you feel like a game of tug-of-war.  So now I learned that there needs to be a balance. In the UK, I am able to make more friend time compared to during my short visits back home. This becomes tricky. One thing I know for sure is that there are a few people even after these so many years, still keep in touch and care to remember important dates and drop a message to check in or make an initiative to skype. There are people who are not good at keeping in touch but when I meet them, make up for those days of lost contact and shower me with amazing gifts. Friends and family play a different role in your life and the same goes with different friends. There is less likely a person who does everything or plays multiple roles for you. If there is then that is most likely your mother, father or partner most of the time. When I think this way, I have less expectation of other people. With less expectation comes more positive energy and actually more things coming your way. This makes me even happier when I receive something from people that I do not expect. And as for me, I do my role and do what I can to spread positive energy. I am thankfully good at remembering birthdays and I enjoy giving people gifts and I like the traditional way of writing cards. I also like giving surprises or finding a common interest with my friend, then going out to do it together. I also enjoy hosting guests or cooking for people. So these are my ways of showing appreciation to people I care about. By thinking of ways to spread positive energy and make other people happy, more positive vibes would come to me. Do not ever underestimate the power of giving. God mentioned that He will reward those who make a human being happy and He promises that giving charity will not make you poor, only vice versa ;)

Another resolution is to lead an even more healthy lifestyle. Less carbonated drinks and more water and tea. Less sugar in my tea. More fruit snacks and salad for dinner. Gym yoga gym yoga! Exercising keeps me positively boosted and fills up my time well. I am following this Youtube video by Boho Beautiful and doing some of her exercises at home. 

Read more storybooks. I realised that I have not read storybooks in awhile. I do not think I read any in 2016. I recently got a Russian classic book called Anna Karenina. I have been reading motivational books like Chicken Soup so yes, of course, a bookworm like me has been reading but what I am focusing here is non-fiction storybooks. They take me to a place and gives me a nice, relaxing feeling when I am deep in the story. I miss that feeling, I shall read more in 2017. 

Another resolution is to visit some friends, this is more 2017 plans rather than a resolution to be honest. But I do intend to step out of my comfortable cosy room and go out to explore this amazing city of London and UK when I do have the chance. Classes and coursework are my priority but when and if I do get a chance, this shall be one thing on my to-do-list. 

Try new things, go to new places or restaurants. I am just feeling quite adventurous lately and trying new things excite me! I would like to at least have a one-time experience to some eating places that I have got on my list. 

Take more photos and capture memories. I realise the importance of taking photos and videos especially when looking back at old photos and seeing how much they helped me remember happy memories and made me smile when I look at them. My sister and my dad are the ones who are good at this, good at remembering to take videos and pictures. I shall improve :)

Write more on my blog :) I think this resolution has been evident recently I have had a nice Christmas holiday with more time to write here while writing up my master thesis. It is going well alhamdulillah and I am submitting it in a few days, do pray for me.

Have a nice year, month, week and day ahead.

I am feeling so content alhamdulillah. Had a nice workout session earlier and was in the library doing some last minute things before my submission. 

It's January!! My birthday month. My mum's birthday and also six other close friends. I am going on holidays soon after my submission and will update on that. 

Lots of love xoxo


Comments

Google Ads

Popular posts from this blog

What You Need to Know Before Rebonding Your Hair

SPM Tips: The Right Way To Study Biology, Physics and Chemistry

Last Minute Add Math Tips For SPM

Family Vacation in Kota Kinabalu

How To Clean White Laptop

My SPM Results