My Fav Google Ads

Life Goals

Dear all,

Here is the next post requested and since New Year is approaching, I thought this would be nice.

Hope all of you are doing good, in good health and happy thoughts. I am listening to some zikir now on YouTube and had a complete rest and stay-at-home day. Yesterday I left to Westfield early morning for Boxing Day shopping and enjoyed it! Got a few new things and some gifts for some very special people.

It is my fourth year now studying abroad in London, I can hardly believe how long it seems and fast it feels at the same time. Alhamdulillah I am so thankful to Allah for helping me and rewarding me with this golden experience. Every big achievement comes its sacrifice. I have been working very hard for these past few years and then enjoy the remaining days I have for holidays. I have had tough days, tearful moments (being a crybaby doesn't help but crying is like therapy for me as it relieves any negative thoughts for me- I cannot see someone cry painfully as I will immediately start tearing as well). I feel like this final year I have been more 'all-out' compared to previous years where I am more reserved and private. I do not like sharing much about my life publicly but this year I have been more open and confident. Being away from home, I usually refrain from going on social media because I can easily feel homesick if I see too much things posted by people. I strongly do not recommend someone away from home to go on social media too frequent. I prefer to get updates from my family, my <3 and close friends via WhatsApp or skype with them and I make the effort to maintain a good relationship with them. I know some people cut off relationships at home when they are away because maybe its too much for them to take to know they are missing out, but I try to look at it positively. To me, I am going through a positive experience that not many people have the chance to go through and its amazing, I am in London! One of the most sought-after cities in the world. I try to make the best of it and experience as much as I can.

This relates to my life goals. I realise that the reason why some people do not relate to this or feel the opposite is because of different priorities in life. For me, family is of high priority. Career, education and status are important as well but I would want a balance between the two and not solely focus on the latter. As a student my education priority is high as everyone can see I put a lot of effort and sacrifice in ensuring I produce high-quality work. 

Now that 2017 is approaching, its time to create new life goals. For me its always following this same theme : 1) achievement and education 2) religion wise 3) relationship with people- how I can be a better person. After these 3 main themes, I then list down some places I want to go. I enjoy travelling a lot especially with family and my loved one. The person I travel with is important. Usually if I have one close friend that wants me to be there, that can be enough for me to want to go anywhere. It's not really about the place or anything really, I am fine going to any place for the sake of accompanying a good friend who wants me to be there. For me, feeling wanted is an important factor to determine whether I go somewhere. Cost-wise, important as well. As a student, this can be tricky. I tend to spend extra money on shopping, one of my favourite things about London! I have some places in mind that are on my travel list and it motivates me to save money so that I can travel. Travelling freshens and broadens the mind, I strongly encourage it. 

I have been referring to friend a lot. This applies when I am living abroad, friend priority goes up the list. At home, I would need to re-compensate family time first. It is tricky living abroad, all these things come up and I try my best to make sure everyone important knows and feels that they are important to me.  Sometimes it gets tricky but since everyone is busy as well at this time of life, early twenties, people understand thankfully. Final year of university, graduating, finding a job- its nice to catch up and have new things to update. Its the time of a turning point in our lives. Creating new chapters. Yes, it can be a roller coaster ride but keep your life goals clear. What do you want to achieve in life? You may not have the answer and that is alright. We are all still young so relax and loosen up yourself a bit. Things will go into place eventually. God has good plans for all of us. When you receive His blessings, be thankful. If you are still waiting, then make prayers. 

I realise that I am good at having a positive perspective and focusing on my blessings. Its a good thing because alhamdulillah I look at the glass half full and not half empty. It really helps me feel good about myself. It makes me feel more blessed and even if there is nothing much happening in the day, I can simply feel happy just because the sun shone for a few hours in the afternoon or because I saw a cute ladybird in the kitchen or because someone was kind to me at some point in the day. I am giving examples so that you could apply it to your life and your long term life goals. Whatever your goals are, everyone wants to feel happy and positive and all the pleasant feelings. Do not think too much about others or compare your goals relative to others. Instead, take good examples you observe around you and apply the good in yourself and learn from the bad. Being happy about other people's happiness shows that you have a cleansed heart. And a good heart is the start and key to pure inner happiness. 

With a good heart, it is easier to feel happy. Aim for this if you are seeking inner happiness. Helping other people also makes you feel good about yourself. Help in whatever way you can- small charity, donating unwanted items, mowing someone's lawn, helping an old lady cross the road, observe and do any little thing you possible can. Make the idea of helping people one of your life goals. Fix a day and time maybe for you to help on a daily, weekly, monthly or yearly basis. 

Health-wise, aim to eat healthy and exercise! I do not refrain myself from eating what I like. I am thankful that I am born with a strong taste for salad and fruits over dessert. However, I recommend please do not completely stop eating what you like eating. Eat if it makes you happy, just remember to eat moderately. I enjoy ice cream and eat it all the time even if the temperature outside is 5 degrees Celcius.

I always aim to improve myself as a person. I believe that nobody is perfect and there is always room for improvement. Add something that you can improve about yourself or your habits to your list of life goals.

Make it a habit or put a reminder to look at your life goal list every month or few months. Alternatively, write it and put it up in your room or home screen on your laptop.


Start thinking of your life goals and may you have a wonderful 2017 ahead. Warm wishes from LittleMissMeen, take care :)






Comments

Google Ads

Popular posts from this blog

What You Need to Know Before Rebonding Your Hair

SPM Tips: The Right Way To Study Biology, Physics and Chemistry

Last Minute Add Math Tips For SPM

Family Vacation in Kota Kinabalu

How To Clean White Laptop

My SPM Results