My Fav Google Ads

Photos of Erfan's 10th Birthday Party

Dear all,

2 weeks and 1 day ago, we celebrated my brother's birthday as he turns a decade. Exactly 10 years ago, we were all blessed with the birth of my dearest little brother. I still remember the day clearly. It was a Tuesday, I was still in school and my father and sister came to pick me up. We stopped at McD for quick lunch then we headed over to the hospital. I felt all mixed feelings and was actually a bit shy to meet him for the first time. It sounded silly but I was actually trying to make a good impression and wondered what he thought of me. I know babies cannot remember but just in case he did, I wanted him to remember me good hehe. I remember my 10th birthday, I was actually a bit emotional because my age no longer had a single digit and it made me sound older. I was never a big fan of birthdays as a kid for one single reason- did not want to age. Now I am much better with birthdays and alhamdulillah do not get easily sad and actually feel blessed to be able to celebrate another birthday. Something that made me at least look forward to birthdays as a child is that my parents always made me and my sister's birthday special. They would always surprise me and make me like the princess of the day. And I would also get presents on my sister's birthday and my sister would get presents on mine. I grew up feeling that birthdays are special and the people who love you make you feel special and show appreciation with cards, gifts and kindness. That is why as I grow up, I try to make other people's birthday special too especially ones I love. I have had many friends who told me that I make their birthday special and that I care for people's birthday. The simple reason is because of what my parents did for me and it made me so content and happy and all beautiful feelings that I feel like I want to make other people feel the same too. One time I woke up when I was small with a special kitchen play set , it was so big that it felt like a real kitchen to me and I could not stop playing with it. Another time I got a toy dog that made sounds and since I love baby animals, my parents got the toy with baby puppies and they would drink milk from their mother and had cute ribbons that I could dress it up with. I had lovely childhood memories alhamdulillah. 

This year, 2016 seem like the perfect time to host a party for my brother. He was turning 10 and both my sister and I are on holidays at this time of the year so we could help out more. We did not host any party last year because he celebrated his 9th Birthday in Langkawi. He chose a holiday instead of a party last year so this year he told my parents he would prefer a party. The last party we hosted was his 8th Birthday in 2014 but that time we only invited his friends and our close family members. This time we invited more friends and extended family members and relatives and made it slightly more formal. And we have not hosted an Eid gathering at our house or invited family members for quite some time so we said let's do it together, 2 in 1. Also, sometimes we do not have the chance to catch up with all friends so hosting an event gives us an opportunity to invite them at least and show them we appreciate the friendship and have not forgotten them. Many of my friends have returned to UK or live in a different city or were on holidays and public unis had their new term registration that day and my <3 outstation so many could not make it but out of the some who could come was my primary school friend. I have not seen her for 2 years so it was lovely and she told me that when we met it felt like we had always been seeing each other and that nothing changed. Its lovely when we invite people and they make the effort to come. I could not be with my guests all the time since I was helping out at the party but seeing them there and having them join in the fun was a great feeling.

There was a clown, photographer, banner and my sister and I did the deco with my cousins, Nora and Mirul. We had water balloons for the pool games towards the end of the party. Alhamdulillah it all went well, there is so much preparation organising a party that I felt relieved at the end of the day as it all went as planned alhamdulillah. I loved it when we played games with the clown, everyone looked happy, adults joined and participated too, we danced the chicken dance, simply being silly and carefree and just enjoying and being happy. The clown did magic shows, we requested this because the boys are now 10 so we thought magic shows would be interesting. 

My mum and I were the party planner and organisers. My sister and Nora did most of the deco and setting up the place. Dad incharge of BBQ and carrying stuff while Kak Titin helped with food delivery, catering, cake and food-related stuff. I prepared the party bags for the kids and went to buy the goodies with Mum and dealt with the photographer and I also bought most of the decoration items. The photographer we chose did a CD with collections of all photos and in the process of making our hard copy photo album, I was incharge of selecting photos and he will be arranging it like a story. We have always relied on digital cameras and I wanted my brother to have a photo album too because when my sister and I were little, Mum made a thick album each for both of us with photos from the day we were born and our progress till the age of 3 or so. I always flip through that album to see the memories of how I grew up and the time of my life that I do not remember. I want my brother to have an album too because during his generation, most of our photos are digital.

We took almost 300 + photos and here are a few. I have not shared photos for a long time so here is a post with many photos. 



































































It was a beautiful day indeed, I wore contact lenses after so long. About 4 people were surprised and barely recognised me. I am usually with glasses and no make-up so when I wore lenses and make-up I think I surprised some. Make-up can really do wonders.. but I like natural looks better and keeping it simple most of the time. 

So that was Erfan's 10th Party, thank you again to everyone who helped out and to those who came. You all really made the special day even brighter and more memorable.


Love from LittleMissMeen xxxxxx

Comments

Google Ads

Popular posts from this blog

What You Need to Know Before Rebonding Your Hair

SPM Tips: The Right Way To Study Biology, Physics and Chemistry

Last Minute Add Math Tips For SPM

Family Vacation in Kota Kinabalu

How To Clean White Laptop

My SPM Results