My Fav Google Ads

What I've Been Up To

Dear Blog, 

Alhamdulillah I finished my final exam for my third year degree. I felt really good about my exams this time in a way that I felt that I have given my best and done all I could and now I will tawakkal and wait for the results. For those not familiar with the word, tawakkal means relying on God once you have done your part.

Before I started blogging, I googled image LittleMissMeen and found so many lovely pictures that I even forgot I posted and have not seen in a long time. I admit that lately this academic year and last academic year I have been socially inactive online especially blogging. The most I do is post pictures and get offline- feel guilty sometimes when a friend asks if I've seen their photo because I rarely go online and scroll newsfeed so what I'll do is that I will open my close friends page individually at times and see what latest post they've put up and like it. But this does gets a bit hectic sometimes because I do have many friends hehe so I rely on those times I am able to scroll newsfeed to see their updates :)

Why I haven't been blogging? Hmm sometimes I have so much to say and write that I am not sure where and what to start with. And only little time to spare for writing so in the end I always write in my to-do-list: Blog but then end up postponing it several months. 

What keeps me busy? First and foremost, my degree and the workload. When term begins from October to June, I am consistently being given work, coursework, exams and tasks to do one after the other. This is the first one week break this year where I can just relax and catch up with friends, gym time and other of my favourite activities while feeling relaxed and not having something very rushed to do. It feels amazing..I am counting down the days to go back home to Malaysia - just a month plus insyaAllah yaay :) Ramadan and Eid with family is just amazing, I really am thankful that my summer break and these two special occasions coincide. After my workload, its family and friends time! I often chat on the phone or skype with those very special people in my life who make time for me. And where I currently live, I have three very close friends who come from Spain, South Africa and Bangladesh- all very amazing people. I used to live with another girl from France but she has graduated already but I was closest to her and regard each other as besties ;) She even came over to London for my birthday and then I visited her in Paris over Easter. Whenever I have free time, since I am away from family, I always spend it with people who make me feel good about myself or simply just get along really well. I realised that who and how I portrayed myself 5 years ago is quite different to how I do today. In my late teens, I am not going to deny this- I was very studious but also relatively popular and sociable. Been given a lot of responsibilities, it made me increasingly confident and gave me the opportunity to get to know many people. It was certainly a hectic lifestyle and one that I chose to have. I enjoyed it tremendously because it made me grow and mature to who I am today. Being in that position also came with challenges- there are people who will be jealous, want to put you down or simply hard to deal with. I have written and will write more on Dealing with Difficult People. It was even one of my public speaking topics which I won first place.
Today, I feel that I live a more reserved and conservative life- not as popular like I was in school but still many really good friends ;)

Someone once said to me "Almost all your friends look so kind and sweet - how do you find such great friends". Well the person who said this is a great friend of mine too. I simply responded "I choose my friends carefully and I am attracted to very nice people." Another person also commented that I have a lot of friends here in the UK and most of them are from all over the world. Regarding that statement, different people have different definitions of 'a lot' and the most important thing to me in friendship is sincerity, kindness, ability to share common interest and get along and simply having respect for each other." I just be myself and if someone can accept me for who I am, then we will certainly get along very well :) Sometimes these very close friends if people judge from social media, they would not even know that we are close buddies but in real life we have a great relationship. This simplicity makes me content at heart without the need to show or tell everyone.

Its my third year now in the UK and I am liking it more and more- alhamdulillah I feel more positive about being here and Allah has certainly made me meet with people who make my life even more interesting, I always believe that He will take care of me especially during times of difficulty. When I am facing a situation that I have no idea how I will survive, He helps me get through it, enables me to meet so-and-so and arranges things very well for me so that I am able to cope with it. I do believe in miracles and those miracles are all from God.

However nice and fun it is to be here in London, I always remember my main purpose of being here and stick to that and work hard. Also, its not the same as being in the comfort of home and I am serious when I say this. My close Cypriot friend told me that when she encountered a mouse or any house pest back home, she was confident and able to get rid of it. However, when it happened here in London, she suddenly got very scared and had the need to call a friend ;) When I heard this I was like wow. It IS true then- people are more confident at home and I was so happy to hear that my friend felt the same as me. I guess birds of a feather flock together ^^

Last weekend was super interesting! I ended exams on Friday 6 May then on Saturday, I helped out with Imperial Festival. OMG it was so fun :D I volunteered at the Science Section for kids where we did scientific experiments like Rainbow Skittles Density Experiment, making jelly worms using sodium alginate and calcium chloride and expanding a marshmellow by sucking air out in a vacuum. Estimated around 15000 people came on both days Saturday and Sunday. I just helped on Saturday because on Sunday, I visited my cousins Sara and Adam. They live just an hour away so I went and slept over there for Sunday night. Played with Sara Old Maid and Snap and helped her with her homework- Math and Non-verbal Reasoning. My aunt even printed a separate copy for me for the  Non-verbal Reasoning so we could do it together and she marked it ! I got 92% and Sara 91%. We went to this shop called Smiggles for little kids and then before I slept, she played with my hair and tied it and combed it hehe. She is so cute and I guess since she only has a brother, its nice to see me sometimes. She goes through my handbag and looks at all my lip balm and basic make-up etc and wants to try on some of them on. She even accidentally spilled some of my blush powder but she was too cute and quickly wiped it away- it was not completely empty so I was totally fine with it because I do not even use it often. When she left for school Monday morning, I went on the tube with her and my aunt and we said goodbye when it was time to go on separate tube lines. Such a lovely end and start of the week. 

This week its been raining but last weekend the weather was bright and sunny it reminded me of Malaysian weather (slightly warmer though). I've been going for my favourite gym classes and apart from that, had praline and cream ice cream with Vanesa then carrot cake with Beth and accompanied Anusheh studying for her exams that happens today. I have also started thinking of packing my bags back to Malaysia-yikes not looking forward to emptying my room soon. 

Today I had a Stretch and Core class in the gym but nobody turned up so it was a once-to-one session with the trainer for 30 minutes- it was cool because it felt like I had a Personal Trainer. Then I walked to Hyde Park, there was not many people and I felt so good and relaxed there. I am so lucky that Hyde Park is just 5-10 minutes from Imperial because I can go there whenever I feel like a need a getaway. Our schedules are too packed to be able to do that often on weekdays but I try to go as often as I can. I usually go with my <3 but since he is now working, I call him sometimes when I am there and not with a friend or just simply enjoy the silence and my own presence with the ducks and birds. The only people who I have seen/know in my life to share the same passion for animals are my dad, sister, brother and <3. My mum and I share other common interests hehe.  Later in an hour plus or so I have this President Ambassador dinner for all those who have contributed and helped out throughout the year and also for the Imperial Festival. I mentioned in the email when they requested dietary requirements that I only have halal meat otherwise I'm usually a pescetarian. And wonderful Emma responded 'I am going to make sure they cater halal for you'- aww she is so sweet. I'll see later and either way, I am good :) Alhamdulillah God has really helped me feel contented being where I am with who I am and doing what I am doing. It is certainly not easy-nope and there are challenges that I face butprayers, positive thinking and support from people I love has been incredibly important and meaningful for me and helped me going. 

During exam week (the second day) I received a bouquet of pink flowers from my friend and on the very last day, I found a pot of sparkly flowers (its real flowers but Mark and Spencer love to sprinkle glitter on them sometimes) in my kitchen with a card.

Next week our Business course starts so I will be busy again but I am certainly looking forward to it after this nice, relaxing one week break. 

It was really lovely blogging today, have a wonderful week ahead everyone and take care :) xx









Comments

  1. Alhamdulillah. I hope I will have many friends too in sha Allah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam Khadijah :) InsyaAllah, the most important thing is to have good relationship with God then good relationship with people will come

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Google Ads

Popular posts from this blog

What You Need to Know Before Rebonding Your Hair

SPM Tips: The Right Way To Study Biology, Physics and Chemistry

Last Minute Add Math Tips For SPM

Family Vacation in Kota Kinabalu

How To Clean White Laptop

My SPM Results