My Fav Google Ads

SPM Tips: Sejarah

Dear SPM students, 

If you are studying for History, you know that the number 1 requirement is memorisation. Almost everything for the subject revolves around memorising facts, dates, names, places, sequence of events.

The textbook is very packed with writing and jumbled into long essays so I decided to make my own notes. I wrote everything in the textbook and spend hours and hours making my own notes and writing every single important thing in the text book because my aim was that I just wanted to use my notes. Once I completed them I did not require the textbook any more other than referring to the pictures. 

If there is not enough time to do very detailed notes then brief mind maps are sufficient as long as you still refer to the textbook when doing revision. Either way is alright because it depends on you and how you like your revision :)

Think of easy ways to remember a sequence. When you are doing this you really need to imagine the story in your mind. Some people even draw comic strips or catchy pictures to remind yourself about something. 

Find similarities about the past and the present and relate the events to your life or to something you are familiar with.

Read the history textbook like you are reading a story book and make sure you are not sleepy when you are reading. The best time for me to read history was either when I just woke up and had breakfast or after a cup of coffee. Also the time of the day which I am most alert works best.

Do loads of practice questions and find the answer on the spot when you are unsure. I find that doing questions help me remember better especially when I get an answer incorrect.

Find acronyms to remind yourself about a particular place/name that fall in the same group. For example the pahlawans or tokoh tempatan; if the first letter of all those people start with K, D, S, M and R. The find a catchy statement to remember that "Saya Memang Suka KaDet Remaja". This is just an example but this is one way to help you memorise things in groups.

Remember not to eat things like Maggi and fast food that may affect your memory. Eat more raisins and nutritious food, fruits and vegetables. Read doa's to enhance memory:




If you ask me, History is one of the subjects where revision is the simplest because it requires memorisation and repeated exercise. The pattern is almost the same and less variety of things to do compared to other subjects. However, History is one of the most challenging because it is purely facts and not much understanding. 

Refresh your memory even on the day or night before exam because it constantly requires refreshing the facts. Just read, prepare and do your best, that's the most you can do right? Don't worry and I wish you all the best! :)


This post may also help you:






Comments

Post a Comment

Google Ads

Popular posts from this blog

What You Need to Know Before Rebonding Your Hair

SPM Tips: The Right Way To Study Biology, Physics and Chemistry

Last Minute Add Math Tips For SPM

Family Vacation in Kota Kinabalu

How To Clean White Laptop

My SPM Results