My Fav Google Ads

Geology Fieldtrip


I like glitter and beautiful things, I think that's quite obvious on my blog ;) Look at my new cursor, its a purple and blue butterfly, isn't it cute? And my new glitter heading! Worked on it a couple of hours just to get the right font, color and size.


I just read a few comments and messages sent to me. Some which were sent quite long ago but I recently discovered. Omg I realised that you guys like to send more personal messages to me rather than comment or type it in my chatbox which I would reply faster actually. The first thing I do when I open my blog is check the chatbox, comments and statistics so it would be a better idea actually than sending me personal messages/ emails. I'm really excited to hear from sooo many people especially when I read all of them just a couple of minutes ago. Maybe I should create one post titled 'LittleMissMeen's testimonial' then you can read what other people say about my blog. Its amazing because I started writing just as a hobby and during my spare time and now so many people are reading and following it. I will try my best to reply to your messages, just please give me some time. My last deadline for coursework was yesterday afternoon and only had some time to breathe today ;) At times, I do run out of topics to blog about or just not in the mood to write but hearing from people who read and also getting topic requests makes me more motivated to keep on writing. I appreciate all of your kind words and glad that it helps you. Will try my best to write more beneficial posts for you guys :)



Today I will be blogging about Geology, perhaps some people would like to know what we do on fieldtrips so here we go.

Last Monday- Wednesday, we had a Geology fieldtrip to Dorset. It was amazing, Dorset is so beautiful and the kind of place I like to go for a holiday. It reminds me of Cameron Highlands because of the greenery and nice scenery.






Whenever I tell people about the Geology fieldtrips, they are like OMG you are so lucky you get to go on a holiday when its not even term break. Well, I'm not sure if you will still think it is a holiday after hearing my story :)

On the first day, we were suppose to meet at 715 am so I woke up at 530am got ready wore my Geology gadgets! HEHE and my guy boots and red hard hat. I packed one small cabin luggage and my ruck sack because we were going for 3 days and my geology stuff already takes up one whole bag. 
My sweet friend who isn't doing Geology woke up early and came to my room at 7 to say goodbye *hugs. She also accompanied me for awhile at night while I was packing.The bus left at 730 and we reached Dorset around 1130 after a short break at a rest area. The first place we visited was called Lyme Regis. had lunch there took some pictures and was suppose to gather again. A tourist ( I think) gave wrong directions and we ended up meeting our group slightly later. After first, when I saw what we had to walk over my only reaction was... *jawdrop. I've never walked over large boulders, slippery cobbles which were almost half of my height. Since everybody was doing it and it looked normal to them, I did it and thankfully reached the other side. The thing about Geology fieldtrips is that we get to go to places that tourists normally won't go and we get to see more details of the geology of the place which normally people would just see from far.






The second locality was the worse. It was windy, super cool, started raining and after a couple of minutes, our lecturer decided to go back to the bus. These are the times I'm so thankful for the sturdy boots and waterproof jacket and trouser they asked us to wear. If not for the boots I think I would have gotten a sprained ankle. 

That night we were allocated to a room with one or 2 room mates. My room mate was India, yup that's her name and she's completely British. Dinner was at 7 and some people went swimming after that in the indoors swimming pool and the hot tub. I was too tired and after checking out the nearby shops, I went to bed by 10 plus. *zzzz Didn't remember anything after that.






The next day was a full day. Went to Dirdle Door, see how its shaped like a door. Checked out the 5 different rock types there- the Jurassic and Cretaceous rocks from 9-430. I enjoyed all the parts of doing the geology work except for climbing the hills and walking through thorny bushes. Again my waterproof outfit saved me :) The hotel provided packed lunch for us, a sandwich, chips, a fruit, cheese, chocolate and crackers. One more thing about the trips is that you rarely find a public toilet so I was thankful I didn't have to go the whole day (which was surprising because I already bought a she-wee *omg so embarrassing). That night, we had the amazing dinner buffet in the hotel. Our lecturers told us that this would be the most luxurious trips we would ever get so not to get used to it. After dinner from 8-10pm, we had a briefing about the independent mapping we would be doing the next day ans also some feedback about our notebooks. An independent mapping means that we would need to work in a particular area, come up with what type of rocks there are and construct the history of that area (as in how it looked like before). Yes, we had to use colour pencils for this.








During the trip, we even bumped into Geology students from other universities who were doing the same project as us. 

On the third day, we packed up our bags and returned the keys to the hotel that morning because we would not be returning. The best part of this trip was that everything seemed free from transport to hotels to food :) (actually its already included in our fees hehe)




So from 10am-2pm, we set for the mission of mapping Lulworth Cove. At 2pm sharp, we would need to hand in a beautified and colourful version of the complete geological map. It was a challenge but definitely enjoyable. At first it felt like being in Amazing Race ;) because everybody was rushing to make it from one end of the cove to the other end by 2pm. 



Finally at 2pm, the trip came to an end. I submitted my map and notebook and had lunch in the bus. We stopped by a rest area and reached London by 540pm. In the bus, we watched 500 Days of Summer and I tried to nap. I reached my room and washed up, almost everything was dirty. I was greeted by this beautiful bouquet of flowers (there were 10 cute pink flowers) and my <3 made dinner for me- salmon and rice for working hard over the past few days. It was so yummy and that's the end of my trip to Dorset. The next day most of us were working on the 3000 word essay that was to be submitted yesterday. Mine was on Gemstones :) Thursday night, I went downstairs for the Pajamas Party and got free Ben and Jerry's ice cream and some snacks. Will blog more soon, take care and have a wonderful week ahead <3

Comments

Google Ads

Popular posts from this blog

What You Need to Know Before Rebonding Your Hair

SPM Tips: The Right Way To Study Biology, Physics and Chemistry

Last Minute Add Math Tips For SPM

How To Clean White Laptop

Family Vacation in Kota Kinabalu

My SPM Results