My Fav Google Ads

First Time in London

Salam and Hi everyone :) This is like a summary of my last 2 weeks plus here minus my Geology field trip. It feels great to finally be here writing again and the last post was like 1 month? omg I was super duper busy I barely realised that. My lappie suddenly needs fixing I haven't made a skype account yet, been video calling using Line :) So you guys in Malaysia who are not asleep yet after 1 am, please buzz me because over in UK its 7 hours behind Malaysia so if its night there, its only 3pm here and classes still not ended. 

Now its one week that my mum, sister and brother left to Malaysia and Alhamdulillah all is good. I'm actually really enjoying Geology and my class although I'm still new to it, the Earth just fascinates me hehe. I'll show you pictures of my first field trip. Today I went for Dance Trial Class with my friend who is just staying a few rooms away from me. Yesterday we made Mac and Cheese and today she made cheese puffs for us- cheesy days ;) 

I miss home though and everytime I do, my sister already prepared some lovely pictures from home that I stick right in front of my study desk. Home feels so far away I miss seeing the regular roads to my house and even the playground and KLCC and the smell of home. Its getting cold here today l1 degree Celcius or even colder. Its soooo cold *shivers. My hands even get cold in lecture room so today I got my gloves out already.

During the first week we were in London, my family and I went to Willow's farm. Lookies!


In September, its potato season so you can dig potatoes and bring them home. We had it for dinner :P
We also went through a maize and almost got lost inside there

At the potato we dug up. Then we went to Thorpe Park for scary rides and Madam Tussaud to see Hollywood celebrities and famous people. 




 Selfie with Rihanna 


We went on the bus tour and something about the UK is that everything seems classy, traditional or formal. Even the way they speak. Oh and number 13 is an unlucky number. If its your first time in the UK, bear in mind that the water is hardwater so if you make tea or anything, the stains might be very obvious and even tastes different. 

I have a quiz already on Monday and we did our ROCK practicals on Tuesday. We had 7 rocks and we had to examine the different structures and determine the location where they were formed. It was pretty cool but not that easy.

The lifestyle over here revolves around a lot of drinking, partying, music and night life, much much more than in Malaysia but it depends on yourself I guess to where you put your limits. 

Oh for anyone coming here for the first time, the tube transportation is not that cheap especially during peak hour. 
 London Bridge
M&M World
This jacket is almost RM10 000


Harrods

So far my <3 and I made nasi lemak together last weekend :D He's so helpful and caring :)

Before I forget!!! OMG the fruits veggie and food here are so delicious and at good price. You can get one basket of strawberries, apples, orange, peach, plums, lemons, pears, nectarine, everything at 1 or 2 pounds per basket! And also the cereal and Poundland where everything is 1 pound. Oh and go shopping at Primark. The clothes, jackets, tops, sweaters, night gowns, lingerie, thermal wear, boots, socks almost everything is there and its relatively at good price. Just like in the US, you can buy everything you want and the next day if you don't like it, you can exchange or refund ^^ Even at the supermarkets, some things are relatively at good price if I look at the price numerically (without converting to Ringgit Malaysia). For example, yesterday I went to buy grocery at Waitrose after going to the bank and I bought 2 big packets of chips at 2 pounds. You can buy grocery at (starting from most expensive) Mark and Spencer, Waitrose, Tesco, Sainsbury. I was queuing up and one of the lady in line told me this. My mum literally got super excited when she saw all this, stuffing bags and bags into our luggages to take back to Malaysia. 

Hamleys Toy Shop

My cousin Adam

Cute Sara wearing a onesies


Erfan got me an Evil Minion to remind me of him ;) Just kidding. He got this at Thorpe Park in case I miss him. Aww everyone was surprised when he announced that he wanted to give his toy to me. I thought my mum suggested it or something.

London Eye

Study desk
 
Move in days and my mum and Ling, the warden helping me

Really hope everyone is doing great :D Its not super easy adapting living alone so far away but insya Allah it will be a wonderful adventure. I learned a few surviving skills like cooking for yourself twice or thrice a day. Keeping track of your grocery items, phone credit, alarm clock, everything from A-Z. Being someone who wasn't even sure of the house keys before (because her maid used to do everything - oops that's a secret), having her leave to Indonesia in August 2012 really helped me prepare for this moment. Doing laundry, wiping, washing, etc. Class  time is like half of the day and when I come back its chores time or clubs/society time or homework/study time or social time+ phoning home and I guess that's they best way to make university life productive. Yesterday I went for grocery by myself for the first time and also to the bank. I can't wait to video call more and talk to everybody at home soon. Right not its like 6am there you guys must be sleeping or just woke up. Lots of love <3

Take care and till my next Blogpost:  First Geology Field Trip












Comments

  1. It sounds both exciting and thrilling at the same time! I hope you will be safe there and have an amazing time. I'm sure the experiences you get would be memorable and phenomenal...do share them if you have the time! ^__^

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Google Ads

Popular posts from this blog

What You Need to Know Before Rebonding Your Hair

SPM Tips: The Right Way To Study Biology, Physics and Chemistry

Last Minute Add Math Tips For SPM

Family Vacation in Kota Kinabalu

How To Clean White Laptop

My SPM Results