My Fav Google Ads

A Sad Week : Attending Muslim Funerals

I wanted to blog tonight since 930 pm ( more than 2 hours ago) but I always start off my blogging hours by replying comments emails messages etc and that took me an hour. First replies will be to those who commented on my blog posts because I can easily find it in the comment section when I log-in as the owner of my precious blog :) Sorry I haven't had a chance to reply to all yet. Will do soon. 

Today I went to Semenyih because my granduncle passed away. This time last week, I got the news that my friend, Rai's dad passed away too. Innalillah wainna Ilahi rajiun. I guess life is very fragile and all of us belong to God and one day we shall return to Him. Preparing for that day is the best we could do for now. 

In one week, from last Saturday to this Saturday there has been 2 people passing away and both on Saturday. On the previous week (2 weeks ago), my <3's grandma passed away, then last week my friend's dad and today my granduncle. 

Last Saturday, I got the news regarding her dad while I was sleeping. It was around 7am and by coincidence I heard my phone beeping. It was on silent like usual but I heard it and it was very loud. I answered immediately in a sleepy voice and the first things she said were "What are you doing and what are you planning for today?" When I asked why, she broke down and told me what happened and how she was the first person to see him on the kitchen floor. It was due to a cardiac arrest the previous night when everybody was asleep. That morning, I came with Jia Wei. First when we reached her house they were carrying the deceased into the van to go to the mosque for the obligatory bath. We entered the house to find Rai sitting down and crying near the entrance. I felt touched as soon as we entered, met her mom. Then she got a scarf for Jia Wei and a sweater so that we all could enter the mosque. Non-muslims can enter. Its just that you need to be properly attired. Later that night, we had tahlil at Rai's house. Sean came all the way from Bukit Antarabangsa. I was silently impressed because he was our only guy friend who made it that day and not to mention the only Chinese during the tahlil. He sat next to us and just remained silent. Wow, I just have to say what a caring friend he is. When I reached he was already there and after prayers, we invited him to eat inside although there were mostly women indoors ;)

As for today, I pitied my grandaunt the most- his wife. She was really crying and sat by his side reading prayers for him until the moment the men took him away to the mosque and for burial. She couldn't really walk so she stayed at home and she even told us stories about him, like what he wanted to eat before he passed away and how he thankfully got  a chance to eat them. I heard she almost fainted when she heard the news and when I told her, "Be strong and patient, alright?", she replied "Yes I know, yes dear, I know" and started tearing. It was so painful to see that. I'm sure she must have had many beautiful memories as husband and wife for many many years- if I'm not mistaken almost 60 years.. She even started smiling when she recalled how he loved to make jokes and he said "I want to go on an airplane" while he was in the hospital a few days earlier :') And while I'm writing this, yes I do start feeling that lump in my throat. We may only hear one or two stories and feel sad but she must have more than 1001 memories to cherish for life. 

Let me explain to you briefly about a Muslim funeral. 

  • First, when the person is announced no longer alive, people with close his eyes, straighten his joints if they are bent and inform all his relatives.
  • The deceased will be taken to the mosque and bathed. This bath is obligatory and usually performed by those of the same gender but their children may also help. It may also be conducted at home depending on their family's preference. 
  • He is covered with white cloth (kafan) neatly leaving only the face visible.
  • Close relatives are allowed to read the Yaasin for him and to see or kiss him for the last time. Final goodbyes..
  • Nobody is allowed to be too sad like crying excessively, yelling or asking the deceased to come back to life. It is said to make him sad and not accepting God's fate.
  • He is taken to the mosque to be prayed the 2 rakaat prayer. 
  • He is taken and buried at a Muslim cemetery. When a Muslim dies, he is usually buried as soon as possible on the same day.
  • Flowers and water is sprinkled onto his grave.
  • Tahlil ( a special night prayers) performed that night and the following nights to pray for the deceased. Friends and family attend the prayers will usually be served food and refreshments. Non-muslims are invited to join too to pay their last respect to the deceased.

May all of us work towards becoming a better person and more knowledgeable in religion. Amin.

Forgive and love the people around you. Make them feel appreciated. You never know when it will be the last time.

Comments

  1. pemakaman muslim I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool stuff you have got and you update all of us. pemakaman muslim

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Google Ads

Popular posts from this blog

What You Need to Know Before Rebonding Your Hair

SPM Tips: The Right Way To Study Biology, Physics and Chemistry

Last Minute Add Math Tips For SPM

Family Vacation in Kota Kinabalu

How To Clean White Laptop

My SPM Results