My Fav Google Ads

Imperial College London Telephone Interview



The thought of leaving makes me a little emotional but for now I've decided to put that topic aside and embrace this last few weeks till my finals! I'm really really excited for this new journey ahead and nervous at the same time as I'm not exactly sure what to expect. Whatever it is, I believe that God has it all perfectly planned for us and I trust Him with my future :')

Exactly 1 month ago from today, I just finished my Telephone interview with Imperial. I remember speaking to my mum, my sister, one of my besties and him the day before the interview. I thought he was lucky because his trip to London was very contrary to what I was about to face- an interview with London. And we were both having it on the same week ;) They were all very supportive as I was super nervous.

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *



 I remember that morning perfectly. It was 2nd November, a Friday and I didn't go for Math class. I came to college around 9 because I was having Physics class at 10. Waiting at the common room, I turned on the Wifi and a message popped up from one of my WatsApp contacts. " Check your email now. They called me for the interview."

Confused and bewildered, I checked my email immediately via phone. I even remember what I was wearing-pink!
There it was:
Dear Ms Hajibeigy,
Congratulations! You have been shortlisted for an interview
 (and the details as below)

The moment I finished reading the email, my friend walked in and re-read the email to me. Just a safety precaution in case I was just dreaming.
Imperial College London- Top Ranking University in the United Kingdom just emailed me and  was going to call me up in 3 days! We're speaking of a university ranked #2 in the United Kingdom and #8 in the world!

The interview was scheduled to be on Monday , 5th November at 1800 local time. I just had 2 days to prepare!! That gave me a serious adrenaline rush because even for Cambridge interview, I got to know about it 1 month earlier so I had lots of time to prepare. One more thing was that this news was really unexpected for me because I honestly forgot that Imperial College had an interview and even got an email that they will respond to my application next year once everybody else has submitted their application.  So I guess they’ve changed their mind and decided to ring me a bit earlier.

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

Questions asked during the Imperial College Telephone Interview:

Why Imperial : When I finished speaking her response to my answer was “ Wow fantastic! I don’t think I need to ask you anything else. Now I remember you clearly.” I met my interviewer in Kuala Lumpur last March when they flew here for a University Talk. It was such a coincidence that she was the one interviewing me.

How would you design a research on Energy Policy using a computer programme? (one of the hardest questions I got)

What is your favourite subject? Why?

What activities do you involve yourself in other than academic?

For the Environmental Club you mentioned in your Personal statement, what activities have you done to promote eco-friendly habits?

Do you do any sports?

Do you know about the Personal Tutorial System on our website? Then she told me about it and asked about my opinion.

What do you feel about studying in London?


Duration of Interview:

23:56 minutes 

using my house phone 
in my room 
on the green carpet.




My friend got this photo for me :)


 Here’s the note from Dr Craig. Nurul?  Yes, that’s me



Here’s the note she wrote to me the day after the interview. Her assistant scanned and emailed it to me. I’m starting to get used to people calling me Nurul.


Having an interview in your Pajamas never felt any better :D



Comments

Post a Comment

Google Ads

Popular posts from this blog

What You Need to Know Before Rebonding Your Hair

SPM Tips: The Right Way To Study Biology, Physics and Chemistry

Last Minute Add Math Tips For SPM

How To Clean White Laptop

My SPM Results

Family Vacation in Kota Kinabalu