My Fav Google Ads

SPM Tips: How To Choose Essay Topics

PMR is going to be over tomorrow. All the best guys- ace your last paper kay?!

LittleMissMeen is back for more tips on SPM !! Now that UPSR AND PMR are over, SPM is awaiting but don't fret, you all will do fine :) 

Sorry for the delay as I was slightly busy with interviews and exams. They are not even completely over yet so this is one of the days I am thankful that I have time to blog :D

Question asked : How to choose an essay for English and BM?




LittleMissMeen says:

Well you see when it comes to selecting an essay that you will be writing pages and pages, it really depends on what you are capable of doing. Some people are better at thinking creatively of an interesting story while others prefer factual compositions. I am going to share my opinion and what I usually do for essay questions.


ENGLISH Essays:

  • I personally prefer story-writing. If you can think of a story plot quick and if you are used to writing stories then go for this.
  • If you are not very sure and keen on descriptive essay which is a great necessity in story writing, then please choose the factual essays, NOT argumentative essays/ debates.
  • How long should your essay be? English is not like BM. Do not, I repeat do not write long essays. The maximum it should be is 1 page (front and back) or a little bit more. This helps to minimize errors as English deducts a lot of marks for grammatical errors.
  • Plan your points. Before writing, I usually jot down the main points or anything that pop into my mind. Once I have written everything I can think of, I will arrange is by 1,2,3,etc depending on which is more important. Important points need to be given priority ad written first, This way, in case you do not have enough time to write everything, at least you have already included all the vital ones.
  • Read a lot of sample essays and practice writing loads and loads of them.
  • Read good essays and those who obtained high marks.
  • Write down interesting phrases/ idioms and read the list before your exam.
BAHASA MALAYSIA Essays:
  • Length is highly important, the longer you write the better.
  • For one sheet my paragraph length is consistent, approximately 2 paragraphs per page: so on one side of my paper you will see 2 paragraphs reflecting 2 points.
  • I usually include as many points possible; 7-9 points which means I use 3 sheets of paper (8-9 pages) for BM essay.
  • Just brainstorm once you get your question and write down as many points you can think of. As you write you tend to eliminate unimportant ones which leaves you with the more relevant ones.
  • My hands and fingers will hurt like mad after this essay writing but it will only last for awhile so make sure your hands hurt. That proves that you've written long enough.
On the selection of topic, DO NOT choose:
  • Peribahasa (difficult to get marks- avoid terpesong topic) 
  • Surat Rasmi (nothing much to talk about) 
  • Perbahasan (needs strong ability to support your stand- if you are not a Debater do not try to attempt)
  • Rencana/ Berita (difficult to find points & get marks)
DO choose:
  •  Karangan Fakta
  • Syarahan (check format)
  • Isu Semasa
  • Karangan tanpa format ( mudah dapat markah dan banyak isi, topic lebih meluas dan pelajar dapat memberi pendapat tersendiri yang relevant tanpa terpesong/ tolak markah)


Hope this answers your question :) Once again, don't hesitate to suggest blog topics to LittleMissMeen. I am more than happy to hear your feedback and opinions. 

Take care and have a pleasant week!

Comments

  1. Very nice tips on this. In case you need help on any kind of academic writing visit our website WritePaper.Info and place your order

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Google Ads

Popular posts from this blog

What You Need to Know Before Rebonding Your Hair

SPM Tips: The Right Way To Study Biology, Physics and Chemistry

Last Minute Add Math Tips For SPM

Family Vacation in Kota Kinabalu

How To Clean White Laptop

My SPM Results