My Fav Google Ads

How To Stay Focus When Studying

Its exam season again! With UPSR finished, PMR coming soon and SPM around the corner, I can smell exam papers in the air ;) 



When we speak of studying, everyone imagines themselves sitting down on a chair, book on the table, head down and eyes fixed on the pages. Well, yes that is the typical way of studying but it doesn't always have to be like that, especially if you want to stay focus for a long time.

Before you start studying, the main thing you must consider and ask yourself is  HOW DO I STAY FOCUS?

If you cannot do that, then there will be less outcome no matter how much you try and force yourself. I agree that sometimes when we look at the pages and our mind is wandering elsewhere, we tend to start doodling, sing all the latest songs on Hitz or even start dozing off. 

Nevertheless, whenever I decide to study I will make sure I am NOT sleepy or hungry because I will not be very happy to suddenly realise that I was asleep while studying.That is a real turn off for me, no idea why ;)

In order to avoid this, study during early mornings after a good sleep, after a meal or after you exercise. Yes after you exercise, your mind is very alert and you can focus easily. Try this and you will realise what I mean.

Don't study toooo long without breaks. The longest I would study before getting a snack or doing something else would be 2 hours, maximum. If you force yourself to continue when you're mind cannot take it anymore, you will just be wasting time looking at the pages. If me, I would tell myself :  "I could have used that time for blogging." ^,^

Make studying interesting by saying it out loud as if you are teaching yourself, study with a friend or use creativity to enhance your focus. Use coloured pens and sticky notes, create acronyms, relate what happened in the books with your real life situation and if you're really bored, turn on the music because it will make you more energetic. Of course turn on fun songs like Call Me Maybe, Whistle. 

Extra info: Oh did you know I love to listen to rap songs when I'm losing my focus :P



It makes you more excited when you treat yourself everytime you finish studying/ doing an assignment/ a project especially when you felt so reluctant to start. The sense of satisfaction is definitely worth the time you spent. 

In order from thinking too much about other things, write it down. Divide your To-Do List into :
1. List of Homework and due dates
2. List of Things to Buy
3. List of Things To Get Done, etc

When everything is on paper, you feel your mind more at ease as you tend to think of it less. Put aside personal problems although it is impossible to completely not think of it. At least just tell yourself, what I'm doing now is more important than worrying. When the time comes to think of that problem, then you can deal with it and make the right decision. For the time being, just focus on priority. Besides, there will never ever be a time when you will not have any problems. It just depends how you take it. If you want to wait and study when you do not have any problems, then that will be never.

Spend more time in your room and by yourself when you know you have a test coming. Although you might not have to mood to study but when you realise that you're alone and nothing else to do, you will naturally start studying as you feel the pressure. If you enjoy too much before a test, its not wrong but you may lose focus and your mind will naturally tell you : I want this fun to last, I don't want to go back and study again. So that's why you need to make sure you are quarantined a little bit before a test- just for the sake of focus. Quarantine doesn't mean you just stay in your room and read books but it means spending time by yourself doing things you like and studying as much as you can without the disturbance of external factors.

Having a test? Remember one word : FOCUS !! :)


This post is written in response to Amirul's request for SPM. All the best for your coming exam guys!

For any specific topic you want me to write on, do let me know. Till then

Comments

  1. Salam Sis :) thank a lot for this post. I'm sooo happy. Btw, im from kedah. I took 9 subjects and i just only get 5As for my trial. It was my fault, i stayed up at night during the exams because i was so afraid of it. Now im regretted. Can you post more tips about biology,chemistry & physic? I am sharing your post with all my friends so we can discuss about it. Thank a lot for your writing tips. We appreciated so much :) -Amirul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waalaikumsalam Amirul :)

    You are most welcome. Congrats , getting 5A's is good it shows that you have been working hard, just do a little more and may Allah grant you with the best. Don't be afraid, exams are not meant to scare you but they are to prove your ability. Yes I already posted for you and your friends on the topic you mentioned. I really hope it helps. If you and your friends have any other request, don't hesitate to ask me alright? All the best GO kedah! With great determination and hard work all of you will do fantastic dont worry ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Google Ads

Popular posts from this blog

What You Need to Know Before Rebonding Your Hair

SPM Tips: The Right Way To Study Biology, Physics and Chemistry

Last Minute Add Math Tips For SPM

How To Clean White Laptop

My SPM Results

Family Vacation in Kota Kinabalu