My Fav Google Ads

Teenage Love Is Full Of Drama: FINAL STORY

Some guys are very funny
They take life as a joke.
 And treat relationships like a comedy show.
 If you meet any guys like this, please be aware that they are just a clown in the making.

PS: Don't forget to ask for  a balloon.  :)


*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

"Hi K."
 The moment I answered the phone I regretted it. I shouldn't have. I knew it. 

I heard his kind and caring voice again, banging against my eardrums, washing back all the 1001 memories that I have tried very hard to remove for the past couple of months. Now it all  came back with just the click of my cell phone.

"Hi. How are you? I just wanted to wish you Happy Birthday!"

He sounded so nice. What was wrong with me? Why couldn't i just act normal?

" I'm fine. Was having lunch. Errr.. u remembered. Thanks."

" Of course I remember. Your birthday is 4 days before mine." (Mental note: I have to remember to wish him too as a friend. Nothing else.)

And he continued the conversation, telling me about his recently finished SPM, how he's planning to work and    he started telling me things I didn't want to know. But i acted cool and responded politely with short "Ok"s or " I see." He was dragging the phone call and finally I asked to be excused. He told me " I hope you take care. See you soon." (In my heart i was like: Whatever.. In your dreams...)

On his birthday, i wished him but i just sent a message. I had a million things to tell him but i kept it to myself. What use was it telling him when he mightbe in the middle of a date with the another girl.. Did he know that even certain songs reminded me of him. Taylor Swift's song: Love Story was very popular at that time and I kept it as my ringing tone. Now I'm listening to this song so I can easily write and recall what happened. Its hard to recall things that have happened years ago. I realised that this song is just fantasy- a Romeo-Juliet relationship which could never happen. It best describes me and K- a teenage love drama, a fantasy.

After that, things between us were static. Nothing else happened but i kept hearing  unpleasant stories about his current life.

A few months later, we met at a birthday party. I didn't know he was going to be there. I wouldn't have come if I knew. The moment he entered with his girlfriend and saw me, he immediately went out. As uneasy as I felt, I didn't mind saying hi and I wasn't so affected by his presence. He must have felt wrong. He must have felt guilty and totally uncomfortable. Ever since they got together i never ever saw or wanted to see him with his new girlfriend. This time it was an accident and even he couldn't take it. He left and  gone within a split second just by seeing me. Its true when they say, if you're guilty you'll feel the pressure. No one else. ( in malay, they say: siapa makan cili terasa pedas)

I thought it was impossible to meet a trustworthy guy anymore...  This was all until I met A....


*    *     *    *    *   *    *    *    *    *    *    *   *


 A and I were 17. We didn't talk or meet much in school. We both had mutual understanding about each other. He never mentioned about my past, he helped me start a new chapter of my life. Personality wise, A was very shy compared to K and that made me think "Hey i like shy guys in a way but not tooo shy of course." I compared and my mom once told me " Meet different guys in your life and you will realise that not only one kind exists." 

He was so so much better in many ways. We helped each other and t make things more interesting, he played the guitar and I played the piano. He often gave me guitar notes that were nice and I still keep them. One of them was "Wind Red". This time he was an Art student which meant i rarely saw him at school too so he often came to my class to meet me. As I got to know him, I realised how many girls were into him at that time and judging by the way he was treating me, i felt very lucky and thankful. He even did  and said some things that K used to do for me but in a more serious and less playful manner. He was helpful and even offered to help me with my secretary work.

 During our friendship, we found out so many silly things we had in common (favourite color, blood type, etc) and we spoke more of realistic things like family, problems, friends, studies. I soon realised that a strong relationship requires friendship as its base. Not just love and romance.

He helped me in certain things and i helped him as well. He was a timid guy but he played the guitar. I persuaded him to perform during school events. Whenever i was the emcee, i included his performance in the shows too. People loved to hear him play and i realised he became more and more popular *hehe. Plus, the junior girls loved to see a tall and masculine senior  and i knew many began to admire him. He told me he was stage-fright but i made him join the IU Day Fashion Show organised by my sister. I remember him telling me "I'm gonna fall and trip trust me." I told him its just a matter of the mind and if you don't usually fall and trip in real life, why would you magically do so on stage.

Meeting him, knowing him and learning from A was one of the best experiences that no person has ever taught me. I learned to look at this world from a different point of view and accept the ups and downs in life. Maybe i lost K but maybe it was a beneficial life lesson. Maybe there was something behind all this that made me a stronger person. Maybe losing K was the only way I was able to meet A, a much better person (not to mention personality and appearance too). As SPM drew nearer we slowly drifted apart for the sake of our future. On the day of my SPM results, i even met his mother and we even remembered each others birthday. The funny thing was that, his birthday was in January too. Today, we may not be as close as before but the last time i spoke to him, he told me he kept the card I gave him in a special place. That represents our bond- kept tightly in a secure box along with all the special memories.

As for K, I  heard more stories about him- the fights, the engagement with wrong company, too many negative stories that my friends often concluded: He is not and was never the best guy for you.


 *   *    *   *   *    *    *    *    *    *   *   *

One year later, something unexpected happened...

I just completed my SPM at that time, thoughts free and was planning to take up a part-time job when I received a message from   the long lost K....

All of a sudden, he began harassing my facebook account, demanding of my whereabouts, asking about my future plans, asking where I planned to work with the reason he wanted to work at the same place. He started texting me asking for us to meet up. I knew better than to meet him. That time my facebook status was
 " Guys, please stop playing with a girls feelings. Its not cool." 


After that year he left me, my feelings for him have faded and subsided a lot. I was extremely happy with my life and my last year of high school and he had no right to barge in and demand me to see him. This is when the song :

Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri makes sense. 

Who do you think you are? 
Running around leaving scars...

 Don't come back for me. 
Don't come back at all..


When I recall those days when I was so devastated, i realised that now he seems more affected and regretful by our separation.


 Left with nothing else to do, I had to do something quick before he tries to find me for real. My current life has clearly proved that I didn't not depend on him to live happily anymore.


My entire world was silent when this happened and I felt the urge to open his facebook page. I felt my insides cheering for me as I made that single click.  

" Delete and Block."

With that single click, i erased him from  my life.

 This time I'm definitely sure its for good :)





No more Teenage Love Drama.




-THE END-



Comments

Google Ads

Popular posts from this blog

What You Need to Know Before Rebonding Your Hair

SPM Tips: The Right Way To Study Biology, Physics and Chemistry

Last Minute Add Math Tips For SPM

Family Vacation in Kota Kinabalu

How To Clean White Laptop

My SPM Results