My Fav Google Ads

How To Balance Study and Social Life

I was quite reluctant to write this because I don't want people thinking : Gosh she thinks she's so good. 

No, I don't think I'm so good and perfect but if everytime I think like this, I can't write anything beneficial for you guys. I'll just update about my life and that'll be boring. I want to write something that you can benefit from too. 

Oh and thanks to one of me readers for the request on this topic. I appreciate your response and feedback :)

Ok, let's get started!


In life, you have obligations and priorities. What is obligation, some of you might be asking? Obligation is something that you are suppose to do, something you are responsible of and should be doing. In life, you also have people, love and fun.

As a human, you can pretend you don't like something good. But every human being created on this Earth is made in a way that he/she will always like and hope for good things. For instance, beauty, intelligence, being loved, nice body, being liked by people, popularity, being known for something incredible they've done. These are things people like in general.

Please don't deny. Like I always say, is there such thing as ugly cream or beauty cream. IS there anything in the market to help you look ugly? Or perhaps something to increase stupidity? Perhaps in a form of  cream or lotion or maybe pills??!

Everyone, even thieves like good things. They want to be rich, earn lots of money. That could have been  pleasant reality for them if they searched for money the good way. Good education leads to a good career which leads to good money too.

In life you can't just think about having fun! Even to have fun, you need money. If you're born in a multibillionaire family who aren't going bankrupt soon, then that should be fine for you. Otherwise, you have to get reality kicking in as well as logic thinking about your future. 

Your clubbing friends aren't gonna help you get a noble job. Your laid-off boyfriend has to start get his work on the go if you're planning to start a family. 

Sometimes I understand if it feels so hard to balance study and social life. They always say you can't get both but I say they are absolutely wrong. One of my Goals in 2010 was to enjoy my last year of school. At the same time, I was aiming for high results. I did enjoy my last year of school tremendously. It may not have been a lot of going out, movies etc but it was enjoying myself a lot in the school compound itself. 


When it comes to things like this, you have to have a strong stand of what you want to do and what you're suppose to do. Who says I don't like going out? The number of outings I've had right after an exam are just uncountable and you don't see all in fb (just saying) cuz some are highly private. Haha


Friends, family are truly precious gemstones to me and I'm sure to you too. Would you ever like to lose a gemstone? 


The most popular question asked is " How do I know when to study and when to spend time with my family and friends. "


My answer: First of all, please separate the word family and friends. They are totally 2 different categories and you see them at very different places. Don't you agree? Once again, PRIORITY. ( in Malay, mana yang penting didahulukan) Depends on the situation, ask yourself: "Am I having exams next week? Do I have undone homework this weekend? Do I have a very important assignment?"


But but but!! Please bear in mind, don't be too much of a workaholic till your family and friends get offended. I tired of people who says they're busy all the time. Sorry to say this. I mean don't tell me in your life you never ever have even 1 second or 1 minute to reply my message or answer my call or even meet up after so long not seeing each other. Come on. If I ever not reply your message or your call, there is definitely a reason and I am very sorry. I did not intend to do it on purpose. But some people are just pretending they're the Prime Minister or something and completely unbearable. 


You can be super smart and holding a very important position in your life, but if your family and friends give up on you, your life is a disaster. You may not realise this at first  but as time goes on, you'll feel the hollowness in your heart. 


Reply politely and make up for anything you've missed. Try to rationalise and tell them how this project means to you and promise to meet up right after that. See? Easy peasy lemon squeezy.


When you're done with what ever you were doing earlier, make sure you remember by writing a note or making a reminder.


When doing your work, you produce better product when you do it in a happy mood and who can make you happy? Family and friends again. 


Build a timetable or write down the things you need to do. Allocate how many hours and discipline yourself like, I must finish by 10 pm, then I can chat with my boyfriend.  When doing your work, you have more motivation to finish it quickly because you are looking forward to something. While doing it, you may suddenly think of him but put the thoughts away. Concentrate on what you're doing. Research has been proven that "a focused mind is a happier mind" (extracted from Readers Digest Asia Jan 12 edition).


Just by being focused oh what you're doing can make you happier!


If its exam week, focus on studying. If its friends week, focus on friends. If there's a family function, try your best to go. If its someone special's birthday, remember to wish him/her. If its your mom or dad or brother or sister's birthday and you're at home, make something special. Get a present that you think they will like. Wake up in the morning and make breakfast. I'm not a great cook myself but I try to prepare anything I can. Ready-made cake powder really helps *thumbs up*


All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. Ever heard of that proverb? It best explains whats going on here. 


Some people end up saying after exams " I should have done better."


To me, if I have put all my effort, worked hard and prayed to God, I leave the rest to Him. If he think I deserve those good grades, then i really do. If I don't I'll try and do better next time. But, if I know I didn't work hard enough I'll really feel guilty and bad and there's no use saying "Its ok" to yourself just to make yourself feel better. You know you blew your chance so accept the fact and learn from mistakes. Don't do it again.  If you're always giving reasons, then your life would be worth reasoning :P 


Other than that, its really simple. Just enjoy what you're doing and whatever events you have ahead of you. 


Afterall, you only have 1 life!! Give the best you can :) 




PS: Worries bring you no where. They just add wrinkles :P

Comments

  1. its so inspiring ! . may i copy some of your sentence coz its really inspiring me . and of course i'll credit you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi beep! :) Sure no problem. Thanks for asking ;) Do share with me once you've done posting and I will link it here :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Google Ads

Popular posts from this blog

What You Need to Know Before Rebonding Your Hair

SPM Tips: The Right Way To Study Biology, Physics and Chemistry

Last Minute Add Math Tips For SPM

How To Clean White Laptop

My SPM Results

Family Vacation in Kota Kinabalu