My Fav Google Ads

SPM Tips

Hi guys! For those who don't  know me, I just completed my SPM in 2010 and recently started college. Last week I promised to post on SPM Tips and I know some of you have been waiting. I'm terribly sorry for the delay. PMR is in 8 days and SPM is in a month. I still remember the feeling weeks before SPM. I would NOT look a the countdown if possible because it makes me nervous. I just basically know how many weeks left and just focus on what else I need to do before the big day instead of making myself all worried. For my trials, I got 8A's 1B ( B for Physics) so I was asking myself: " Can I get straight A's or not?" With the new system of A+ A and A- which was implemented 2 years ago, it makes the whole thing a lot more stressful I agreed. But! That is not a reason to not excel. It should be a motivator to strive harder. Yes, nothing is easy in life. Even now, I'm doing my A Levels and I am not going to say it is easy because that's not true. Everywhere you go, anything you do, there are challenges but we need to learn to overcome those challenges and not give in to them. If you are doing something and feel no challenge at all, it means you are not using your full capabilities to the max. Just saying# Thats a bad sign.


Alright. Let's begin. My sister is also taking her SPM this year ( we are only a year apart) so I know the recent updates for SPM students. In this 1 month, the first thing you have to do is get a piece of paper and write down all the subjects you are taking. Leave some spaces in between . Then list down ALL the things you need to do for that particular subject before SPM. Remember to write every little detail and do not even leave out a single thing. After you get everything out of your mind, you're done with Step 1. 


Example: 

Add Math- Check all formulas ( Form 4 and 5)
                - Do all past year paper
                - Do Soalan Negeri Lain
               - Focus on * (a chapter that you are weak in)
               - Remember to bring 2 calculators, protractor, ruler, compass, flexible ruler if needed


Chemistry-  Review all definition and equation and important diagrams!! ( For example Dehydration        process is a popular diagram under Chapter 3 Form 5)
                - Do all past year paper
                - Do Soalan Negeri Lain
                - Remember colour of metals and Electrochemical series of metal (position of H )


English -  Do all past year paper ( For essay not very important to do past year paper because they will not repeat the same question)
           - Do Soalan Negeri Lain ( Do all parts of the paper- especially negeri Kelantan, Tganu, Perak, Johor)
           - Remember format of essay ( for Directed Writing, follow sequence of points given)
           - Memorise important idioms and nice descriptive words ( not many but at least a few)
           - Read novel, poetry and do practice


Do the list on your own because only you know what you need to do. You can ask me if you are not sure. Once you have done this, you will definitely feel a little relief because you see what you need to do on a paper and you can cancel once you're done. It will not all be in your head anymore. 


Next, start doing your work. Don't get distracted by unnecessary things. I admit last year at this time I had to sacrifice some things like missing some fun event or going jalan raya. Make some sacrifices, pray, fast for Muslims and ask God with a humble heart to make it easier for you, to keep you from feeling scared, to give you the confidence and to help you remember what you have studied and answer the SPM questions. To be honest, I did not actually have a timetable. I just write down what I had to do. After I was done with that each day, then yaay! 


Be discipline and watch your time. I'm not the type who would stay up late at night to study. Ill wake up after morning prayers at 6 and study, nap in the evening if Im tired for 1 hour. Then sleep at about 1130. I do go out often to be honest but I try not to when SPMs around the corner. If I do go out, Ill bring something I can read along the way or Ill sacrifice the night to study. The day before my Chemistry exam, I actually went shopping for shoes...urgh I remember the guilt... but prepare early. It is NOT too late ever. SPM is not the end of everything. You have a long journey of life ahead. Stay happy and just give your best. If you have given your best, thats all that matters.


 If there's anything else you need to know, feel free to bug me. I totally don't mind hehe :D All the best!


Here are some posts you may want to see: 





             

Comments

Google Ads

Popular posts from this blog

What You Need to Know Before Rebonding Your Hair

SPM Tips: The Right Way To Study Biology, Physics and Chemistry

Last Minute Add Math Tips For SPM

How To Clean White Laptop

Family Vacation in Kota Kinabalu

My SPM Results