My Fav Google Ads

College Life and High School

Its been 1 month now since I started college. Wow time flies!! I remember counting down the days where I will be ending my long, nice and relaxing holiday after SPM and now its over and the beginning of a brand new chapter. Suddenly I feel weird writing here cuz I haven't been doing so lately. (compared to my daily routine before this hehe) Although I've only been there like for a couple of weeks, I feel like its been ages since I started college. I do have trouble getting around cuz I'm not used to the place and HELP seems to be jumbled up into many small places and units and buildings which will definitely make students go haywire at first attempt of finding a particular location.


Well, so far college life is good. Better than I expected and pretty fun too. Now let me give you details:


Difference
I realise a significant difference between college and high school. In school, people check even your socks and nails but in college no one cares what you wear. In school, there is like a permanent class and the teacher comes and goes. In college you carry everything with you and migrate every 2 hours:) I used to have 9 subjects in high school + Physical Education + Civic= 11 subjects. In college I just have 4:) In college no one actually checks on you and in high school, attendance and punctuality is something CRUCIAL ( speaking from a prefect's point of view who used to be at the gate for 8 months=) I feel more freedom in college and you don't have that feeling where you're trapped in a school compound. I used to feel trap when we couldn't go out and had to stay within the four walls of the school. *I would look at the animals outside or the pedestrians and say # So lucky. haha In my college, we can go out during lunchtime to where ever we wanna go and be back before class. There's a lot of rules and regulations to abide in high school and someone to help you out for different things, I miss the feeling of being babied sometimes (that's how I regard school life). In college, you have to do everything yourself and go to the administrators only for serious stuff.


Lecturers
I'm not exactly used to calling them Madam/Miss/Sir. I'm used to saying their names like Ms Ng and I sometimes I even call them teacher! hehe About my lecturers:


Chemistry; Ms Ng- She's like the  nicest teacher so far. She talks to us not only about the subject Chemistry but also about getting on with life after A Levels and even things like where to get your food. She reminds me of kind school teachers and she gives out her notes that she made herself which shows that she is such a determined teacher. We also have worksheets everytime we finish a subtopic for better understanding. She awesome period.


Physics; Mr Ling- He's a smiling cheerful man who teaches us with a marker and nothing else. In his class I HAVE to bring a notebook and copy it down cuz he doesnt provide notes or anything much. You listen, understand and leave the class. He's really nice and easy to ask questions. Sometimes its hard for him to understand a certain question but he tries his best to answer in a polite way . He doesnt seem annoyed by the questions ( I mean some experienced Senior lecturer would be very annoyed if we ask simple questions because to them it is very easy to understand but he's not like that). When I approached him the other day, he suggested that I borrow some of his books with enthusiasm. :D 


Math; Ms Tan- She's a young teacher who makes Math look and sound very easy by the way she teaches us. She says things in a matter-of-fact kind of way. She doesnt like it when the guys make silly jokes and seems annoyed if we're too noisy. So far she's going really fast ahead of every other class. We're already on the second last chapter and we only on 4th week of classes:) Im liking that^^


Biology; Mr Ronnie- First of all, yesterday I had Bio class and the second time he called me Jazmeen/ Jasmin. Something like that. There's another girl in my class with that name so at first I thought he was talking to her. I kinda like it  when people call me Yaz-meen ( pronounciation) because that's how my friends and teachers called me when I was small. When I moved here, people started calling Yas-min or Ya-sa-meen which I was not so used to but I don't really mind much now. Wait maybe I shall make a separate post to write about this. SO back to my Bio teacher, he is like the most scariest teacher when I first met him. He's strict and won't let anyone play around in his class. At the same time, he's easy going and listens to our opinions and doubts but it will end with a sarcastic answer:P  His notes are superb especially the fact that he puts it in a booklet:):)


The People
Let's see. Majority population are Chinese  ratio would be 10:1 compared to other races. Malaysian Studies  triggers a lot of racism but I'm not taking it too personal although some of my friends told me they couldnt stand the sensitive issues. haha Its just a subject we're suppose to take so might as well face the facts X) Well the people here come from many different schools different states and even different ages. I have a 15, 16, 17 and 18 year olds in my class. They mostly come from International school and skipped grades 0.0 cool right? Must be smart hehe. In my class, there is 35 people and we all take 3 sciences and math (same subject combination) . Like usual, higher female: male ratio. Are guys moving to extinction or what?? HAHA There's someone in my class who has almost the same name as K. omg if my friends knew this, they would go... Ok let's change subject. That day one of my besties asked " Any cute guys?" Hmm,, I guess there is hahaha XD


The Best Thing About Classes So Far
The LAB experiments!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg omg i cannot believe how amazing and fun the first few classes were. For Chem, we actually made beautiful green crystals( my favourite colour)# I wanted to take some for memories but it got liquified before I got to do so. sob sob We tried out mixing chemicals and seeing how the precipitate formed. Some looked like moss, dirt, urine yuck, green, blue, yellow, brown. Some turned disgusting but most of them were super cool!B)
Bio was fun too, ( btw I have a labcoat with my name and goggles) My brother laughs and says I look like a doctor. For Bio, we did cells with individual microscopes, count heartbeat of small and cute daphnias that seemed like they had puppy ears at first sight, orange juice and Vitamin C concentration and etc. Physic experiments are pretty technical. You don't have to wear lab coats and you do experiments with apparatus     ( measurements, those stuff) which are pretty enjoying too cuz we didnt do much practical in high school.


There is  much much more to write about and I'll update from time to time. Lots of homework especially Math weee~

Comments

Google Ads

Popular posts from this blog

What You Need to Know Before Rebonding Your Hair

SPM Tips: The Right Way To Study Biology, Physics and Chemistry

Last Minute Add Math Tips For SPM

How To Clean White Laptop

My SPM Results

Family Vacation in Kota Kinabalu