My Fav Google Ads

Choosing a Career Path

I'm writing this so most of you won't come here and say that I have been away without any notice and you come and see the same thing posted. Ok someone told me that so apologies:P I am starting college today so I will only be able to update on a weekly basis.


One week before the start of college life, I got a phone call that totally surprised me and left me in complete shock. It was not bad news , it was supposed to be good news. But this last minute piece of information is hard to digest and I was just blank about it. I have been offered a scholarship from Shell and JPA earlier. Shell in Engineering or Geoscience and last month JPA offered Sains Hayat. This call I received on Friday, 24th June 2011 and the courier from Sunway made me feel lost and confused about what was going on. For those of you who don't know, I applied for Medicine from JPA and the first offer was Sains Hayat in a local university. Since the procedures were not clear and the offer was not exactly what I wanted, it made decisions pretty easy and I chose Shell  Scholarship right then. When I received this courier and call from Sunway College stating that I was offered Medicine in Monash University.........................................................
" Dear Yasameen, CONGRATULATIONS  on being awarded the distinguished Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam Scholarship ( JPA) to study at Monash University Foundation Year ( MUFY)..............................
I was like WHAT?? Syukur Alhamdulillah but I didn't even know about this. How? When? What? Why? I didn't do the reappeal so how did this happen. I thought scholarship talk was over and the decision was final. but this scholarship was not easy to reject just like that. It made me think hard all over again. The pros and cons. This time I cannot say that JPA is not clear about the future ahead of me. They clearly stated:


Kursus Persediaan: Monash Univeristy Foundation Year (MUFY) di Kolej Sunway


Kursus Ijazah Pertama: Bachelors of Medicine and Bachelors of Surgery ( MBBS) at Monash University School of Medicine and Health Sciences


As wow as you may think this offer is, imagine me. How did I feel? What was I going to do with these two very good offers ( Shell Overseas and JPA Medicine). I called JPA and they stated that this is a special scholarship to only straight A+ students and they apologise for not informing earlier as someone was suppose to call me or my mother. I did receive many calls from JPA but they never told me about this. It was just them asking what course am I interested, am I accepting the offer or not. In my mind, I thought it was the first offer they were talking about and I had no idea that now that offer has been eliminated from the page and replaced with this new one. Only my close family and friends knew how confused and breakable I felt in those days i had to decide. 


My whole Thursday was filled with making calls or surfing the net or talking to my dad who is a lecturer too. He strongly advises me to take Medicine but the complication was that everything was settled with Shell and the university of choice for A Level ( I chose HELP University). I also was not mentally prepared to take Medicine at this last minute and because of many reasons that I do not wish to elaborate I chose Geoscience with Shell. Those reasons were thought thoroughly accompanied by a special prayer to Allah called Solat Istikharah. It is a prayer for ease in making decisions so that Allah will show your heart the right decision to make. I don't mind both to be honest. Its just that I can't split myself into two. haha Well life is full of making decisions and I must say that this is one of the big decisions I've made in my life. This is not the biggest decision but one of the biggest I highlight again. Before this it was just simpler ones like " Should I be a prefect or not? " I chose yes and elected as Secretary. " Should I take Accounts for SPM as a 10th subject?"  No I don't want any extra subjects and I don't regret.


 For everyone who ever has to make a big decision in life, may it be about your career path or anything else, go ahead and believe in yourself. Be strong and just remember there is no shortcut to success. Pray to Allah, love the people around you, appreciate what you have, work hard and always be positive + + + + + + minded. InsyaAllah God will help you and there is nothing you have to worry about. Just to let you know, those days when I haven't decided I felt so lost, confused, breakable because I didn't know what to do because everyone was telling me different things. Solve things in a wise way without being influenced by feelings or superficial reasons.


 During the times I felt so fragile and breakable, support from loved ones really brought me up. My dad called up many times and sent me emails, my mum and sister gave advice and support, Mr Ven and Azzah, my cousin who is on her 3rd year of Medic talked to me about it, My cousin, Shazlina and my friend, Hariz gave me a call. ( I'm not sure if it was just a for fun call because I didn't tell them but it blew off some worries to see how easy they made it sound like). My wonderful bestfriends, Vinosha and Puteri and May even made me feel LOADS better when I just felt ...I don't know. The decision was hard. I even went to Sunway on the briefing day with JPA and talked to seniors who were super supportive. In the end, people can say anything and everything but the decision lies in you. You decide what you want to do and your own future. People are there to advise but you are the one who has to face it, no one else. Those few days were like nonexistent to me. I forgot when I ate, I didnt sleep much because I was busy thinking and researching, I wasn't aware much of my surroundings and steps, I even cried many times a day. They were like times where you just suddenly burst with tears and once you feel better it stops by itself. I even felt scared but I knew everyone had to deal with this- decision making. Now the decision I made is final and insyaAllah it is the best. I pray hard for others out there who have to make important decisions for their future and may you always be blessed by Allah:)


Update about my life:
Raihan's Birthday is today and I'll tell you about the celebration we had before she left. Special thanks to Beep for everlasting support. I just love both of them ya know. Aniq and Jane texted and asked how was my first day of college. Vinosha's with me at college and I talked to her the most these couple of days. If her name came up in a dictionary that I wrote, you will see the words : Supportive, Understanding, Caring, Wise, Yasameen's twin ( we think alike 99% i can barely believe it haha). Goodnight second day of orientation tomorrow. :*

Comments

  1. yasameen . u mentioned my name ( bangga jap . hehe) . hahaha lov u too .

    ReplyDelete
  2. beep lemme mention again clearly. I love zubaidah heheheh

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Google Ads

Popular posts from this blog

What You Need to Know Before Rebonding Your Hair

SPM Tips: The Right Way To Study Biology, Physics and Chemistry

Last Minute Add Math Tips For SPM

How To Clean White Laptop

My SPM Results

Family Vacation in Kota Kinabalu