My Fav Google Ads

Reading

I know I've been away for a couple of days but that's what happens when I get really indulged in something. One of my hobby is reading. When I start reading a storybook, I feel like I am away from the actual world and truly in the story. Its a great feeling and when I find a book I'm really into, I just can't stop reading until I finish it. When I read a book, the main factor that determines whether I like it or not is the main character.

I went to my cousin's house last Friday for a BBQ Party. It was a small gathering for her Sweet 16 on the next day. We went to her room and she showed me some latest books she read. The reason why I really wanted to try reading this black-covered book she showed me was because she said - " This one's addictive." And we usually have the same taste in choice of storybooks and I decided to give it a try. The book I read was HUNGER GAMES by Suzanne Collins, a SCHOLASTIC Publication. I truly recommend this book to anyone who likes a story about hardship of life, family, friendship, love, sacrifice and action ( as there are several killing scenes too).

The story is about a girl, Katniss Everdeen who lives in a poor village with her parents and little sister, Primrose. Her dad died in a mine explosion and since then, her mom neglected her children and her duty to take care of them and move on. She did not do anything bad but she didnt carry out her duty as a mother to 2 small children and just mourned at home as she could not accept her husband's death. At that time Katniss was just 11 years old and she took over her parent's duty. They lived in the time where discrimination was a common thing and the people in the Capitol led better lives and ruled the poor. To show their superiority, the Capitol organises an annual game called Hunger Games where 2 volunteers from each district - there are 12 districts so there should be 24 competitors- will be placed in an enclosed area and the last person alive will be the winner. Each volunteer will be 1 boy and 1 girl aged 12-18 years old. When the drawing began, the name called for girls was Primrose...her 12 year old sister. Katniss screamed in agony and volunteered herself instead. She was 16 at that time. There was a sad departure and a tough time for that girl. The name chosen for boys was Peeta, the baker's son. During the interview before the games started, Peeta confessed his love for Katniss. He told everyone that he has fallen in love with Katniss the moment he saw her but she never paid any attention to him since forever. The interview was recorded on air and the audience was touched by the unrequited love story. If he loved her and there was to be only 1 winner of the game, how can he kill her and win and go back home. The story mainly revolves on what happened during the games in the forest and the enclosed area, how the contestants from District 1-11 died. One after another. When a sweet little girl who was a friend of Katniss died, I actually felt the tears. I won't spoil the ending for you so read it for yourself:) Available in MPH or Kinokuniya I believe. hehe

Comments

Google Ads

Popular posts from this blog

What You Need to Know Before Rebonding Your Hair

SPM Tips: The Right Way To Study Biology, Physics and Chemistry

Last Minute Add Math Tips For SPM

Family Vacation in Kota Kinabalu

How To Clean White Laptop

My SPM Results