My Fav Google Ads

Anugerah Khas Alumni at Majlis Anugerah Cemerlang SAB 2011

What Is Anugerah Khas ALUMNI?
This is the first time they started this award in my school so I did not see this coming and I did not how was the evaluation either. Usually they just have Tokoh Murid Akademik and Ibu Bapa Tokoh Murid Akademik. In 2011, May Lee was given this award. So when, our Principal, Puan Latifah gave her speech and told us about these awards, I listened carefully. Based on my Principal, this award is for students who have achieved excellence in academic, involved in various co-curricular activities, all-rounders, portray good personalities etc. That's some things I heard and starting from year 2011 they are awarding it to 1 boy and 1 girl for Tokoh Lelaki Alumni and Tokoh Perempuan Alumni. This year,  it was Mazlan and I. At first, I was like greaat... and thought it was just a declaration that we were the official Alumni's of the year. But I have this serious blur case so its actually a special award FROM the Alumni's of SAB. I only realised this when I came home in the evening, thought of what Puan Latifah told me and opened the envelope given to find a cheque. Each of us were given an individual trophy, a certificate, an envelope and a Challenge Trophy ( that has to be returned). 






Before the event
A few friends of mine were not going to come. Raihan and Puteri had an event that day for the Orphanage, Nazila and Adlene and some others were in matriculation or university. (omg the word sounds too old beside our names. Us? University already?) Then that very morning when I was about to leave the house my friend messaged me and told me that she came and was told to go home because she was wearing slacks instead of skirts. This good friend of mine or should I say my bestfriend is one who always sticks to the rules and that was SUPER shocking that I called her straight away. She told me she was just wearing a decent blouse and slacks. Wow that brought my mood really down and I start thinking of ways to get her back but she was adamant not to go as she lost her mood and got home 10 minutes earlier. Final. When we hung up, she said : " Thank you my bestfren" So I just went to school hoping she would change her mind and come.


At School
I reached at 8.15am as I have to wait for everyone to get ready; my mom, my baby brother, sister and maid. I went in through the back gate and before I reached the hall, I thought if I could sneak in quietly and pretend that I reached early like everybody else hahaha. Hopes crushed before I even reached the hall when teachers started calling out." Panjang umur pun budak ni" "Itu haa" and I couldn't catch what else they were saying. So I just apologised and a teacher told me you're going to get a special award. See me after you get the first one. I was too blur when everybody was talking to me at the same time so that's all I heard. Someone asked me to check my seat number, then somebody saying 'No I got yours here" , Then someone gave the sticker to me and I was shooed ( ok a better word is "hurried") into the hall with words like : "Dato' dah sampai" ( the Guest of Honour for the special ceremony). I entered and wasn't sure whether I was suppose to sit on the right side or left. With a few familiar faces on my right side, I worked my way there, wondering where on Earth wass my seat ( wanted to sit quickly before the Guest of Honour arrived). Finally found mine occupied by JB and KH hahaha:) -We like to call them that- While waiting my brother came to me and asked me to go tho the other side to sit with him (which I can't). Then Lim Bei and I went on our special mission to the toilet for our makeover. She changed her clothes and I took off my braids and changed my hair. - I have this tendency to look neat and when I feel messy or uncomfortable, I tend to do last minute makeovers- Lim Bei got her cardigen inside her baju kurung which was barely visible and we agreed it made the attire look "decent" :) Names were called based on your number. I was number 4 ( my favourite number ever since). Ka Hou in front of me and Jian Beng behind me. When I got down, I just had time to take a few pictures before I was pulled my Cik Wong after Puan Wan Akmal. You see the reason why they are worried is because we didn't do any rehearsal and we're suppose to know where to stand, what to do and what's going on next. So I sat at the front beside May Lee who would be receiving "Excellence Academic Award" when I was told that I would be receiving the " Tokoh Alumni Perempuan" under " Anugerah Khas Alumni a.k.a. ALUMNI Special Awards.  I am humbly thankful to Allah and to the school as well as the respected Alumni of SAB to give me this chance to receive this wonderful award for the first time in history. I did not expect this and I did not know about it AT ALL until yesterday. Last week, Puan Rasidah asked me to email her my Biodata with achievements etc for her to do some evaluation but I did not know exactly what it was for. Some of my friends got the email too so yeah..


On Stage
At first I was alone on the stage while the emcee was telling the crowd a list of my success. I was so embarrassed standing there I bet people who looked up close would see how many times I blushed. I know I've been in front of a crowd many times but not for just standing there and having them looking at you top-to-toe. I usually have a public speaking, hosting an event or something! hahahaXD May Lee was before me and she got to stay down stage while they talked about her success so I thought I could stay down stage too but I couldn't object when Puan Wan Akmal said " Go up the stage now." In my heart I was like " Oh no..please let me go up in a little while"  It felt like the longest minutes in my life and I could barely make out what the emcee was saying. I was thinking of what to do- looking at the cameras, smiling, then avoiding eye contact with the crowd, then looking at the slide show about me, then I saw Madihah waving. Wow that was a moment of relief and I saw Umesh and Amira A. I think I'm not so sure. Seeing them made me sososososo  relieved you had no idea. Then the whole thing was over but I was not allowed off stage just yet... Puan Latifah told me to wait for Mazlan. So when Mazlan sat beside me earlier,  I was surprised because I didn't know he received it too. When he got on the stage, I got a shock when he elbowed me in front of the whole crowd and they laughed. omg  My reaction was " Ouch!" -.-I mean I could have fallen or something but since everybody was smirking and laughing away including my mum ( I took a quick glance) , I just laughed along and thought how funny how we always end up together no matter how I try to avoid it. Drama, Debate, Emcee, Prefect, hahaha! Now I can just laugh at those funny high school moments and not take it too seriously anymore. When I got down, people were telling me " Ooh your clothes match Ooh this Ooh that -.-" I left the hall after meeting some parents, getting photo snaps together with family friends.


After the Ceremony
We went to KlCC for lunch and a movie. Sherrie's mom took us there. We had lunch at the food court with Annabelle, Nasreen, Vinosha, Rupini, Sherrie, Rocyie, Xian Jin, Carmen, Mazlan, Naavin, Cavan, Jason, Harjeet, Jun Hao and some others. The we watched Green Lantern. The movie is the science-fiction, supernatural type with aliens and a lot of action I guess. Not really my cup of tea but then it was the guy's choice of movie after all. I like more to family, love and life story lines. Oh and for the first time all toilets in KLCC were shut down for 2 hours and only 1 toilet was available. My sister and I took the LRT back home. I am too tired now to elaborate. Nights!

Comments

Google Ads

Popular posts from this blog

What You Need to Know Before Rebonding Your Hair

SPM Tips: The Right Way To Study Biology, Physics and Chemistry

Last Minute Add Math Tips For SPM

How To Clean White Laptop

Family Vacation in Kota Kinabalu

My SPM Results