My Fav Google Ads

Being An English Teacher

Goodafternoon Teacher Yasameen!

Good afternoon class!:)

That's how my day begins on Saturday at Brillington Language Centre. I love small kids and English is absolutely great for me besides Math:) I remember when I was small, I would follow my mum to the university she taught partime and she would give me an empty classroom. Instead of doing my work I would ALWAYS ALWAYS anticipate those days when I could follow her to work and pretend to be a teacher in the classroom. I would get the whiteboard marker and start writing and explaining. My little sis would always have to be the student and play along with me and sometimes she would be the teacher. When I was small there was 2 things I loved to do:

1. Play teacher.

2. Scan books/ items ( I used to go to the nearby library often. In USA, we had libraries near our house and it wasn't hard to find any books. So I would go there every week/ fortnight and borrow a couple of books. I would watch the lady scan my books and when I go home, I'll do the exact thing she did. When I come to think of it, I just wanna laugh)

So early this year, I intended to find a part-time job and at the same time find a place to improve my English. Some people said that I shouldn't waste money taking up an English class but I think there's always room for improvement eh?;) Ok so my mum found this place called Brillington because the banners are placed all over KL. I called up and my mum thought why not just work there. Instead of finding a place to work and another place to take up classes, why not just do both at the same time. Working at a language centre where everyone speaks English and you even have native speakers like African Americans around would be a great chance to get workign experience and improve communicative skills. Afterall, if we were to learn a language its not the hours inside a classroom which would help us, but its the ability to apply what we learn in real life and adapt to different situations. Of course you have to have the basics of the language first before doing this. Being there ( doing office work, teaching, answering calls, representing the centre and giving information to people who come to the place) really helped me to be more hmm.. ( what's the right word) professional. The environment there reminded me of USA.You greet people all the time and its always " Hey how are you doing? " or " How is it going there?"

Most most of all, the kids I teach are those who make me anxious to go to work everyday ( when I used to work fulltime) and they are always cheerful and such a darling. hehe Ok I have to admit that some of them are super annoying and one girl broke my favourite pencil. Can you believe that?! I felt like yelling " You broke my favourite pencil! How could you? urggh" but then it was my fault for leaving it on the chair and they were just curious little kids. But oh man it was like my favourite mechanical pencil, I used it throughout Form 5 and its my favourite shade of green. Em,, I think I sound kinda childish here..

I'll show you some pictures. Wait:D

Comments

  1. yasameen . i love both u and nasreen accent . hehe takde kena ,mengena kan . :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey beep. aww, thanks darling<3 kena mengena la hehe:D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Google Ads

Popular posts from this blog

What You Need to Know Before Rebonding Your Hair

SPM Tips: The Right Way To Study Biology, Physics and Chemistry

Last Minute Add Math Tips For SPM

Family Vacation in Kota Kinabalu

How To Clean White Laptop

My SPM Results