My Fav Google Ads

Grandma's Reunion


Imagine yourself working at the same place from the age of 16 till you were 48. Think of the love, friendship and the strong relationship you built with people. I was just in high school for a couple of years and in college for 18 months and even in that short period of time, some people I met have a large impact on my life. I tried to imagine being in 1 place for that long. One word.

Incredible

My Grandma's birthday was late February but my mum decided to make a special reunion party for her last Saturday. She didn't expect anything when my mum asked for her old phone book. At home, she dialed my grandma's old office mated at Mansfield Travelling Agency which is now closed. She worked there for almost 40 years. The first and last work place of her life. My mum called Auntie Sally, Shirley, Betty, Ong, and Aunt Sugar. Her name is actually Tong but during their younger days they called her sugar as 'tong' means sugar in Chinese. It felt so nice being there and witnessing a granny reunion. They talked about their trips, their boss, a falling wig, the hottest male staff, funny things, dances, hot gossips, grandchildren, children, life at old age, health and never-ending topics. 

It was so nice to listen quietly as I sat at the table too. We had the reunion at Madam Kwan KLCC and there was a private room provided with the purple curtains. 




When I led my grandma to the room, her immediate reaction was "Wrong table." and she wanted to go out. Then suddenly she stopped and there was a moment of silence. Then out of a sudden they were all hugging and trying to recognize each other after years of not meeting.






 Present time!

Chinese tea



And there's me trying to take a photo of the room ^^

Comments

Google Ads

Popular posts from this blog

What You Need to Know Before Rebonding Your Hair

SPM Tips: The Right Way To Study Biology, Physics and Chemistry

Last Minute Add Math Tips For SPM

How To Clean White Laptop

My SPM Results

Family Vacation in Kota Kinabalu