If you ever fall or trip, laugh at yourself. The ability to laugh at yourself instead of being angry, blaming others or being terribly ashamed reflects positive attitude. If you have a problem turn it into a joke and laugh at it. Once you're done laughing then you can find a solution to it and get your mind straight.
The person who always makes me laugh whenever i talk about my problems is my sister.
There was once when my Physics teacher planned to give us 6 tests in a row- to be completed in 2 weeks. So every time we came for physics class it was a test. Imagine that... Then one day, when we were halfway done with our Physics Test Marathon, he cheerfully announced " I will add one more test for you." The minute I heard that I started laughing so hard because i couldn't believe my ears.
When you are facing a difficult situation or feeling down, its good to laugh and let it out. You must be wondering how and why does laughter has such a big effect on us?
Researches have discovered that laughter can:
- lower the stress hormones, cortisol and adrenaline. These hormones are responsible for carrying stress in our bodies.
- Increase body immunity defense against cancer and HIV
- Improve blood circulation and blood pressure which increases oxygen uptake in our body.
- Best therapy for heart disease
- Energy used to laugh a hundred times is equivalent to 10 minutes of paddling a boat or 15 minutes of cycling.
- Increase the salivary immunoglobulin (igA) which is a vital antibody to defend our body against bacteria in the respiratory tract.
- Help ease our mind temporary from all problems
- Strengthen bonds with people and break the ice
- Make you calm and patient
- Provide energy to your organs; brain, heart, lungs, etc
- Make a person less aggressive
I'm writing this after watching Just For Laugh Gags a few minutes ago on Disney Channel. Ever since I started my study break there has been more time to watch this favourite show of mine.
Go ahead and have your laugh of the day. Not a fake omg-im-so-perky kind of laugh.
But a laughter truly from the heart even makes a person look more beautiful :)