My Fav Google Ads

Helping My Lecturer With RM30K Science Project

Last Sunday, 26 March and last Wednesday, 29 March were one of the best days of my life. Sunday because .... ooops that one is a secret....and Wednesday because my friends and I helped our Physics lecturer, Mr Ling in a very big project and finally made it a success. He's retiring soon and this ceremony was very important to him so I'm glad to have been a part of it. The project was about:
  1. Electrostatic forces applying the principle of Van Der Graaf Generator
  2. Spectroscope- colorful light
  3. 3-in-1 Generator
It all started off one Friday afternoon when Physics was our ONLY class for the day 10am-12pm. Since it was the beginning of a new semester in February, my classmates "kindly" nominated me as the new Physics Representative and when everybody agreed, my next few days were filled with photocopying Physics papers and taking attendance and even getting the aircond remote control for the class.-.- 


Right after class that Friday, my Physics lecturer called me to go to the lab and he asked me if I could help him a Physics Exhibition. Reluctant at first and unsure of my physic-al abilities, he convinced me that it was very easy and finally made me incharge of it. The next step was for me to find people to help out with this project. Of course I asked my friends who were taking Physics as well and in the end it was me, Nasuha, Gomi, Jia Wei, Ngai Foong and Cinder.


We worked on the project and built the experiment for more than a month. Friday was the usual day when we all stayed back after classes and spent our afternoon in the Physics lab. Now that its over, I can't believe we actually designed and built a RM6000 worth project each so total Rm12000. Wow he really did win a lot of $$$.


 The day before the Physics Exhibition, my friends and I were busy about what to wear. Its been awhile since all of us had to wear formal clothes so that was the conversation of the night for Gomi, Nasuha and Jia Wei. My lecturer suggested i wore a "Kebaya" since many government people will be there. I took his advice but the first thing on my mind was " Could I still fit in those very fitting kebayas of mine?" Hmmm


Finally the day came, Wednesday 28 March 2012. We were all nervous and worried about whether the experiment will turn out right and produce the expected results. During our practices we has slight problems but conducting it in front of a entire crowd sent shivers down our spine. That night, most of us couldn't sleep including me. To be honest I ] felt the thrill of participating in a very important event. Its been awhile since I've involved myself in activities and I find it boring if I just go to class to study. Extra activities makes me more motivated to do my work :)




In the morning, I came to class in my black and gold kebaya, Gomi in her blue sari- just joking i mean Punjabi suit and Nasuha in her black kurung moden. Ngai Foong wore a purple tie and he thought we were thinking too much about our attire. Girls.. what to do ;) We had Chemistry at 8 to 10 ad after that...- The Game Is On.


At 12 sharp after we packed and tested everything me made a move to the main block. We went in 2 cars, my friend's car and my lecturer's car with all the stuff packed inside. My lecturer, Mr Ling wore a nice top and a tie as well as a blazer. When he saw us, he said " Wow you all look good."

The first thing I saw when I reached the auditorium was a model of Mr Ling- same height, same size but made of cardboard. I was like " Wow my lecturer is famous that they even made a replica of him."




The whole exhibition was a success and I even saw my school teacher, Puan Aslamiah there. During the Spectroscope presentation the colourful lights suddenly didn't appear. Ngai Foong, Gomi and I came to help out and, Thank GOD it appeared and even more beautiful than usual.





At the end of the ceremony, we had tea-time with the respected visitors. I didn't expect for us to be invited to join them but all of them insisted we came along.


Our A-Level Director, Mr Jahn Cheah, the administrator, Mr Ling and even the lab assistant who was the photographer at that time thanked us for our participation and our help. I feel so lucky that they actually acknowledged us and thanked us personally. Sometimes the fun of being involved in these projects are not only the fun of doing it, but its also the fun spending time with the people who share the same interest and the ability to bring impact to the people around you of what you are capable of doing.


When we carried the stuff back to Mr Ling's car, we saw that his cardboard model was already placed there safe and sound. I bet he really liked that very much. When the administrators saw us carrying back the colorful cardboards we designed, they even requested to keep it to hang in the Science Lab. My friend, Nasuha was the one who designed it. So you can imagine how gorgeous was the board. Someone requested to keep it...




Fun facts:


  • Someone who never seen a Kebaya before even asked what kind of traditional clothes I was wearing..hmm private colleges what to do :)
  • My Physics lecturer has a blog. I am a follower of his blog. You can go to my Profile and view the Blogs I Follow: Ling Toh Woon.



Comments

Google Ads

Popular posts from this blog

What You Need to Know Before Rebonding Your Hair

SPM Tips: The Right Way To Study Biology, Physics and Chemistry

Last Minute Add Math Tips For SPM

Family Vacation in Kota Kinabalu

How To Clean White Laptop

My SPM Results