My Fav Google Ads

A Night At Mandarin Oriental Hotel

Before you start reading, just wanna say that what you're about to read isn't something like this: " I had a great honeymoon at Mandarin Oriental!" or " Wow the place is ultra romantic for a couple."


My visit to Mandarin Oriental Hotel on Chinese New Year's eve was to visit my beloved cousins who were leaving for Dubai. Its quite ironic how I was at MANDARIN hotel on CHINESE new year and the eve as well. Anyways, my cousins left for Dubai this morning so I woke up extra early around 4.50- 5am to send them to the airport. They are moving to Dubai for several years and I'm not sure when I'm going to see them again...............


 My heart is crying upon their departure because they are the cousins I am most close to since small. I've known them for as long as I can remember.  Plus, two of my cousins are my age, Shaz and Ain and Haris. Its 5.43 pm which means they must be reaching Dubai by now.


They are one of the reasons I still speak American English too. 


On Sunday night, I slept over at their suite which was right next to KLCC. To be honest, its pretty much connected to KLCC just by entering two doors. On that night, Ain and I borrowed DVDs downstairs. It was free of charge but maximum two DVDs at a time. They had most of the latest movies and we borrowed : Orphan (a ghost story) and 17 Again (Zac Efron). Every room in the suite was equipped with a flat screen TV so we watched Orphan till midnight. Gosh, it was eeeerie. Especially the fact that Esther is a 30-year old mental patient. The next day we borrowed another two DVDs : Bringing Down the House ( Queen Latifah and Steve Martin) and Click (workaholic guy who uses a remote control to fast-forward his life). Click was really sad towards the end but it had a happy ending.


During breakfast, we went downstairs to the morning buffet. Breakfast there is RM65+ per person. Please make sure you're hungry when you go for the buffet. The choices are too much, you'll regret not eating. Let me tell you the menu for Breakfast at Mandarin Oriental Hotel ; croissant, heart-shaped waffles with multiple choice of syrup + berries, scones, different types of bread, apricot/ strawberry/rasberry/ dried orange jam, cereals, baked beans, omelettes, curly beef ( i don't know the name), steak, mee goreng, nasi goreng, nasi lemak too, cheese of all kinds, pastry,fresh juices of all kinds, muffins and anything you could think of for breakfast. I don't even remember everything because there were some sections I didn't go. 


Oh that night, we wanted to pick up my sister from work (Topman KLCC) so Haris and I just walked to KLCC in our pajamas. Joking! Of course I wouldn't be walking around KLCC in my Mickey Mouse matching pants and shirt, then suddenly see my see someone I know.. Yikes :P That night i felt like I was living in KLCC because one minute i was watching a movie in the dark, then the next minute I was roaming around the twin towers, then resumed to my movie again.


Wow, this breaks my December record. I watched 4 movies in one day.




PS: Sorry no photos to include here. Apparently, my sister and my cousins have high-tech cameras so all the pictures were taken by them :*

Comments

Google Ads

Popular posts from this blog

What You Need to Know Before Rebonding Your Hair

SPM Tips: The Right Way To Study Biology, Physics and Chemistry

Last Minute Add Math Tips For SPM

How To Clean White Laptop

My SPM Results

Family Vacation in Kota Kinabalu