My Fav Google Ads

Feeling Good About Yourself

Hello guys :) I finished class a little early today and feel like its time to write a motivational post. Was going to write a Valentine's story like I did 2 years earlier but couldn't think of any ideas. I'm glad so many people loved it, I'll need to brainstorm more and do send me any topic requests if you have one. Last monday was the deadline for 2 coursework, I'm so glad that's done. And I can hardly believe it that I just have 3 weeks left of official Year 1 lectures! Omg alhamdulillah that's amazing and time is passing by really fast. 

Why I chose this topic is because almost everyone can relate to this. Basically everybody wants to feel good about themselves, that's why you see people with super-fashionable clothes, blue hair, Prada handbag and the list goes on. Different people feel about about themselves in different ways and I respect that. What I do not respect or tolerate are people who make themselves feel good by belittling others. You will not believe how many of those kind of people I have encountered especially where I am now and the reality is - nobody likes those kind of people.

To be honest, when someone acts in a cold manner or really snobbishly, the first thing that comes to my mind is: What little love they have in their heart. For all the reasons to be happy and thankful in the day, they fail to see it and only trying to spread their negativity to other people. That's because a person with a lot of love in their life and in their heart would never intentionally hurt another human, animal, or any living creature. Empathy and kindness are synonym to people who are full of love. And having love doesn't just mean you are in a relationship, its more like your heart and mind is full of beauty.

 Another thing might be because they have been treated in that manner or have had people saying those words to them. So when someone says something hurtful to you and its hard to brush off, just bear in mind that you should feel sorry for that person because they might have heard those harsh statements so much in their life. And you, just having heard it once should feel so much better of yourself and not affected by them.

In order to feel good about yourself is doing what you enjoy and what you are good at but at the same time, you need to remember not to ever let another person make you seem worthless. Take my word. Sometimes, you may be a very patient person and remain silent for the first couple of times or when you're in a good mood. But when things get overboard, you need to stand up for yourself. This is something you need to learn the hard way. You can't stop people from saying what they want to say but you can stop yourself from taking it to heart and letting it affect yourself.

Its normal that kind people are always the victim in this case and even after the harsh words and after how people have treated them, they would still be kind enough not to hurt the other person's feelings. However, as kind as you may be which I respect so so very much, you need to speak it and stand up for yourself. Maybe with a little pressure and heat from you, that person may realise what he/she is doing and improve themselves. Most of the times, this attitude is welded within them that its impossible to get rid of but at least now they know that you're the wrong person to mess with. 

I've known very kind people who have experienced this situation and its very sad but always remember that the truth will win. That's something I hold on to in life and it has a bigger meaning than those 3 words you literally see. As long as you hold on to that, you have all the reasons in the world to feel good about yourself.

Whatever it is, just forgive. Even if its hard to forgive just don't keep it in your heart. This actually helps you to feel good about yourself because after all the things the other party has said and done, in your heart you still forgive them and that is a great act of wisdom. Not many people in this world can do something like that and if you can do it with a true heart, its definitely a blessing.

Before I end my post, I'd like to say that whatever challenges you face are only making you better every time. When people say things to challenge you, there's this drive to prove them wrong. This reminds me of a story:

In Standard 6, a motivator came to my school to give a talk on UPSR. He called up some volunteers and asked me how many hours do I spend studying in the weekend. Not blowing my own trumpet here but I was one of the top student at that time and almost everytime that year I would come in first out of 250-300 students. Its hard to explain the story if I didn't say this. Me, feeling like I shouldn't boast in front of all the students in that enormous hall with teachers and parents, said that  "it depends". I didn't give him an exact figure on how many hours I studied a day and unfortunately that wasn't the answer he was expecting to hear. He told me in front of that big crowd that if that's the case, then your success is not definite. He was comparing success rate of students studying at different hours and to me, that was very immature. Any student can go to the front and lie and say he/she studies 13 hours a day. It didn't make sense and was I demotivated? Nope :) Alhamdulillah I obtained all A's, got number 1 in class and the entire standard, got the Best Student Award for Art, BM, Math, English (I dont remember exactly all the awards). Also become Student Model of the Year ( Female Category). 

Syukur Alhamdulillah, and now after 8 years, I still can't forget what that motivator said to me. I still remember clearly but it did not change my motivation and how good I feel about myself. It motivated me to prove him otherwise. And now I'm thinking back, perhaps that was what he intended to do ;) I don't remember his name but if I did, I would want to say thank you. 

Hope you enjoyed reading! Have a great week ahead everybody and till my next post! Take care





Comments

  1. ouch,a motivator once said mean things to me too but yeah i want to thank him now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Google Ads

Popular posts from this blog

What You Need to Know Before Rebonding Your Hair

SPM Tips: The Right Way To Study Biology, Physics and Chemistry

Last Minute Add Math Tips For SPM

Family Vacation in Kota Kinabalu

How To Clean White Laptop

My SPM Results