My Fav Google Ads

How to Overcome Your Fear and Stay Confident

Dear Readers,

I know its been some time since I updated wow! When I checked the last date that I posted only did I realise. Its one of those transitions that consume a lot of time like before I returned to UK I was busy catching up with family and friends, buying the numerous things I needed here and getting ready for campus life again. When I reached here it was unpacking, moving to my new place then arranging my stuff, settling in going to uni, to banks, exploring the new place then catching up with friends over here and telling your family all about the new place :) Now that I'm the Yoga VP more work load piles up. On top of that, I'm also the temporary Secretary so enough said. You know what I mean. Official classes started yesterday so I had a full day. Freshers fair was last Tuesday so I was promoting yoga to the newbies and answering any questions people had, trying to recruit members. That was amazing ! I really enjoy public relations, speaking and interacting with a public audience, definitely my favourite! Emma and Fiona even dropped by and said 'Look at her, she speaks so well she could be doing Sales.' Hmm I never thought of being a saleswoman *zzz* My friends, Min Wen, Priya, Aira, Nas, Zee and Wanting dropped by as well. I just had a very fulfilling day doing something I tremendously enjoyed. 

Somebody commented on one of my SPM posts and asked how he can overcome his fear and not let his confidence level go down. Let me speak of my own experience and then you can relate it to any situation.

Basically in life, there will be points and periods that you feel afraid and that fear also makes you fear of losing your confidence. So there's fear #1 plus fear #2. As you grow older, this happens more frequently at times that are not related to exams. In school, that feeling only comes when you have exams but in reality its a feeling that you need to learn to overcome and not let it overtake you. 

                                                    *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *

Life is never as perfect as we picture it to be and will never will. That's why we have a hereafter to look forward to and that is why God did not make life on Earth eternal. He wants to offer a better place for those who do good in this world so this group of people can spend the rest of their life in Heaven in bliss and life happily ever after.  Its a life every person dreams of. Heaven. We are on Earth so that picture perfect life is not possible but there is one thing called positivity that can save us from feeling too disheartened or troubled. 

There are things in life that we do not want or least hope for but we still have to, must , need to get through it. For instance, I'm sure if given a choice you would not want to take SPM and some people prefer getting on their degree/life without having to face such a big and stressful exam. People who are sick wished they are free from their sickness/disease, the UPSR students would not want to retake certain papers if they did not need to, I myself would prefer not to be too far from my family and at the same time still study at where I am. That's not possible of course but its called circumstances and all of us need to accept and learn to adjust your life, thoughts and yourself based on the circumstances that you are in. You need to remember that everything you face has its pros and cons. That sick person may have learned a lot of patience, discipline of eating the correct medication at the right times and also perseverance of getting on with life and appreciating the small things. That person may not have learned those values if they were not in that condition and lived life in ignorance and arrogance. The same goes with your exams, as much as you want to get it over or simply avoid it, always bear in mind that with a good result you will increase the chances of a bright future. Also the preparation for that big exam must have taught you a lot like how to divide your time well, manage your priorities and apply all that you have learned throughout your school years. If I come to think of it, I would say that SPM year would be one of those years that I studied intensively and literally all the time compared to my A-levels and degree. It seems like as you grow older there are more other commitments and you need to divide your time for more things. A-level taught me how to study smart because not all you read comes directly out in an exam. It involves thinking out of the box as well.

Speaking of my experience abroad, I will not deny that I miss my family incredibly and although its been only 2 weeks in London, I feel like I haven't seen them in a very long time. I miss my room, my bed, my house at home, I even miss that comforting feeling of simply being at home. But I know that I have commitments and my time at home felt very relaxing because it was a holiday. When you work or enrol for education, along comes commitment and enjoying it means a great deal as well. I enjoy my commitment and had a really long holiday so I am thankful for it and tell myself that the holidays could have been shorter. It will make you more thankful and help you appreciate what you have. It may not be easy but tell yourself you will get through. Along the way, many fun and happy things usually happen and just enjoy it. My SPM year was definitely fun, I had many many memories and I created those alongside studying. Now 4 years after SPM, if I request for that time again it will never come back no matter what I do. Same goes with your SPM year or any other exam. Its once in a lifetime so create all the good memories you can. Try not to be too stressed out that you deteriorate the relationship with friends and family. On the morning of SPM, I still remember Puteri Raihan and I having this little picnic in the school hall. (although I would not recommend this) but we actually had hot tea and shared some food whenever we reached early. Of course this did not happen every single day but we did and I remember it vaguely because if I'm not mistaken Puteri would buy McD's takeaway before exam. On another occasion I remember being in the school hall again with them to collect my results. Memories :) Now we are all on 2nd and 3rd year degree. Sounds unbelievable but its true and insyaAllah we will start working. 

Time passes by and before you know it, you might be saying 'Oh remember the time that I...'. 
So try not to be too afraid of the future :) Smile ad trust that God has good plans for you. Trust that your future is very special and will be amazing no matter how it will be. You will be positive and believe that whatever happens, it happens for a reason.

Stay positive, confident and happy! Have an amazing weekend everyone :)


Comments

Google Ads

Popular posts from this blog

What You Need to Know Before Rebonding Your Hair

SPM Tips: The Right Way To Study Biology, Physics and Chemistry

Last Minute Add Math Tips For SPM

Family Vacation in Kota Kinabalu

How To Clean White Laptop

My SPM Results