My Fav Google Ads

World Cup 2014- Football Match for my 1st time

The last time it was World Cup, I was in Form 5 I think -my SPM year. Before my brother was born, my football interest was literally zero. Now that my brother and <3 are both big football fans, I'm beginning to learn more and more everyday, even asked to play it sometimes ><








Speaking of World Cup, I was surprised when I received tickets for the International Friendly Match between Peru and England from <3 :) It was a preparation for both teams before the big World Cup and the match was held in Wembley Stadium, London. This pleasant surprise was received at Alicante Airport, Spain via watsapp. I was on my way back to London at that time :)

Being my first football match, I did not know what to expect. Some of my girlfriends said it was boring and sleepy while some said it was amazing. To me, anything that the people I love find interesting would definitely be worth my time. 





So, the first step was to figure out what to wear. I only had 1 neutral jersey which was red, no logo whatsoever. However, the opposition team was suppose to be red (Peru) and home team was wearing white. I found out that England does wear red jerseys sometimes so it wouldn't be a crime to sit on the home team's side wearing that colour. 

The match was on a Friday evening and on that morning, I had a Statistics and programming test. So I was definitely looking forward to this match to ease the stress ;)

3 hours before the match, we left to the stadium. When we almost reached the station, I could see happy faces of small children dressed in England jerseys or accessories. There was a lively atmosphere even on the tube and I loved it, it made me feel so happy. Once we reached, the environment was even livelier ^^ People were singing, dancing blowing the horn, wearing colourful hats, children with cute face painting, music, many people were near the tube station and once we passed by a street, there were even some guys who stopped some cars and blew the horns at them. It was so joyful and lively.

After having quick dinner- we had a chicken sandwich and chicken wrap each at a halal takeaway restaurant, we bought some souvenirs. I bought a half Peru half England scarf which the date of the match and some memorable details. My very first one.

Going into Wembley Stadium was exciting as well. I had to scan my ticket at the entrance and then we headed up and up to our seats. We sat facing one corner or the rectangular stadium which had a nice view :D They started off with the national anthem and soldiers paraded in with the England and Peru flag. All the spectators were given a fan-like piece of cardboard and once the opening ceremony was over we had to lift it facing the stadium. This would form the England flag when viewing on TV. Our one was white.





When the game started, I barely realised it because the whistle was not that clear and loud but judging by the timer which had started and the players who were running, I knew the game has just begun. It started at about 8pm and after a 15 minute half time, it ended at 1015 pm.

During the game, we saw Prince William from afar. There was something very funny that happened. You see people started making airplanes out of the soft cards that were provided for everyone. They started throwing it towards the football field. This kept me distracted and awake whenever I got bored of seeing the two teams constantly kicking balls on either side of the field. The green field was also BEAUTIFULLY GREEN. I just liked taking photos of it ;) So while these people were throwing the paper airplanes, many did not reach the field even and eventually swerved back to the audience. However, there was one lucky paper plane that went straight down to the field and further and further and further till it hit the head of one of the Peru players! Omg it was so funny and everybody was laughing.




Then the spectators created a wave, so people would stand when the wave reached them and it went around like 5-6 times before it stopped eventually. Towards the end of the game, the England coach constantly changed the players so most of them would have a chance I guess.

2 hours felt very quick and it ended at a quarter past 10. At about 10, people were leaving the stadium already to avoid the congestion. Imagine how 80 000 people were going to leave the stadium at one go. When we arrived, most of us came at different times so it was much better but leaving the place took a longer time. Luckily there was some police there to guide the traffic and make sure that it was not too congested and that people were not pushing. We got the tube and thankfully reached home in about an hour.




My first football match was definitely a memorable experience and I would absolutely want to go again in the future. So if people ask me if I'm a football fan? Emm no not really but I really love going to watch the games :)

World Cup 2014 is a memorable one for me because it introduced the world of football to a new fan (me) and made me have a different perspective about the football matches. Although I had not really watched 1 full game, I am definitely anxious to know the champion!

Comments

Google Ads

Popular posts from this blog

What You Need to Know Before Rebonding Your Hair

SPM Tips: The Right Way To Study Biology, Physics and Chemistry

Last Minute Add Math Tips For SPM

Family Vacation in Kota Kinabalu

How To Clean White Laptop

My SPM Results