My Fav Google Ads

My Hair Products


Before you read this post, perhaps it would be more helpful if you press the link I included below at the end of this post. In case you didn't know, it currently has 126 comments and 51 693 total pageviews ( only I can retrieve this information). How did this happen? I have no idea. Google mistakenly listed me as a Professional Hairstylist I guess. And the reason why I decided to write this post was so that I can officially inform readers that I am not. I know this is so random. My blog is more catered for Education topics, motivation, scholarships and some updates of my life. However, there was one day that I came back from the salon after doing my regular rebonding and hair treatment, I decided to write that post which became one of the top post on Google when you type 'rebonding'. 

Nevertheless, yes I do rebond my hair every single year, sometimes twice a year since I was in Year 6 ^^ So perhaps, some of the tips I learned along the way and hair products I discovered effective may be useful for those who are new to rebonding.

Rebonding, I once read is one of the number 1 thing that can cause the most damage to your hair. Because of this, it requires very careful and consistent hair treatment. I have been used to this for almost 10 years now so here are a few hair products that I recommend. Usually they are used everytime you wash your hair, which ideally should be on alternate days or every 2 days. Washing your hair too frequent especially if it is long can cause a lot of damage/ hair loss in the long run, especially if you have long hair.

I included some pictures of my hair products, not all because some of my products are general ones that are more specific to my hair type. Now I'll list down most of the hair products I use everytime its a 'Wash Hair Day':

*note that I am following the sequence of which hair product I apply first to the last.





  • Know that I am washing my hair later- apply hair oil. This can either be natural products like coconut milk (yes I've tried this before very good but a bit messy so you need to stay still or wrap your hair) or you can apply Mustika Ratu Cem-Ceman Murni (its green, no smell, makes your hair oily so make sure you do not use it if you need to go somewhere public before washing your hair. I have finished 1 bottle and usually wash my hair straight away after leaving it on for 30 mins or so.) Indian hair oil works well, I have tried it before but the only problem is that it leaves a strong smell even after washing. I still have mine with me because this is the most effective oil and even makes your hair thicker.
  • Wash hair shampoo, once or twice.
  • Apply conditioner- your own choice as different ones work best for different hair type.
  • Apply hair mask- I have included a picture of mine, its L'oreal hair mask for dry hair (orange top). Note that if you do not have much time, you can choose to apply either one: conditioner or hair mask.
  • Apply hair treatment cream once you have rinsed your hair and got out of the shower. Note: This hair treatment cream is shown in the picture ( grey bottle, black top), used in hair salons and usually charged hundreds for each treatment, has a minty and cooling effect on your scalp and very nice smell. It should only be applied once a month or when you think is necessary, like after perming your hair,etc
  • Skip the step above if you are aiming to be quick because you would need to rinse off the cream, ideally 1 hour after.
  • For those experiencing hair loss: Dry your hair with a towel so it becomes half-dry. Then spray hair tonic on the scalp. I was confused how to use it when I first started but its very easy. Just split your hair so that you can see the scalp and spray it as close to the scalp as you can. You should feel liquid on your scalp as proof that you have sprayed at the right place. Repeat this at different parts of your head this it feels even.
  • Blow dry your hair if you do not want to wait for it to dry naturally. I know that many people are busy and do not have much time to spend hours after washing their hair.
  • After blow-drying or after it is almost dry (its ok if it is a bit damp), apply hair serum at the hair tips. I have included a picture here ( green bottle, olive oil, wonderful smell, my favourite product). Before, I used to sue Sassy Serum (it comes in a red box, transparent bottle and red writings) but I don't know why its very difficult to get. I have used it for so many years up to the point that when I compared the price when I first and last used it, there was like more than a RM5 price increase. Companies usually don't increase the price that drastically so you can imagine for how long I used that serum. Now that I have discovered this Olive Hair Serum, I bought bottles of it in case it runs out ;)
  • The reason why I opt for serum and not leave-on cream is because I prefer the oily texture of hair serum. Yes leave-on cream has a better smell and easier to apply but it does not last long and not much long term effect. I have tried both and realise the effect. When I am using leave-on cream, my hair gets dry within hours while when I use serum, it stays moist for the whole day! Sometimes even 2 days.
  • You can apply hair serum anytime not only after washing your hair but its best to make sure you apply it at the TIPS everytime after washing especially if you have dry hair. Tips: Never ever apply hair serum at the scalp, thats rule #1 if you are thinking of applying serum. 
These are most of my hair tips :) If you need help with perm or hair colour treatment, I do not have any personal experience so asking your hair stylist may be a better idea. If you do not have one try consulting a professional hair salon. Remember, cheap treatment does not mean it is good and suitable for your hair. This is one thing I always bear in mind for the past years that I rebonded my hair. I made sure I did it in my regular place or if I wanted to try somewhere new, then I would ask what products they used first.

People might wonder why I do all this, well I used to be born with straight hair and over time the hot weather ( I assume) made it slightly curly and frizzy. I know that curly hair is nice, who knows one day I might want it to grow naturally ;) Also, I like the softness and natural texture of my hair and since I am rebonding it so often, I needed to know the hair care tips so it wouldn't be too prone to damage. 

Hope you find this article informative and if you have any questions related to rebonding then I would try my best to help. 



Enjoy^^

Comments

  1. Hello Miss Meen,
    dear my natural hairs are curly and I have re-bonded them last year and two weeks before I applied home made hair color with coffee and refill Hydrogen 9% I'd left my hairs for 6 hours that's why now they are make so rough and curly. I'm taking very tension about them and want to do again hair re-bonding so what will you suggest me should I take any hair product re-bonding or L'Oreal hair treatment.. Please give me reply I'll be thankful to you or if you have any info about where I can find L'Oreal treatment in Jeddah,KSA so tell me please..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Google Ads

Popular posts from this blog

What You Need to Know Before Rebonding Your Hair

SPM Tips: The Right Way To Study Biology, Physics and Chemistry

Last Minute Add Math Tips For SPM

Family Vacation in Kota Kinabalu

How To Clean White Laptop

My SPM Results