My Fav Google Ads

What To Do When You Feel Down

Easier said than done. Its easy to advice and say things but when it happens to ourselves, dealing with it is not easy. I believe that if we are always reminded of the good things, it will soon be an automatic response and sealed into our minds permanently.


A few days ago or was it yesterday that I was feeling down with no mood to do anything. It occurred when I came back from classes and the feeling was really unexpected. Of course I resided onto my precious blog as a form of pleasure but with no mood to even write, I left my blog with 3 half-written posts. Not to mention all 3 were remain unpublished when I logged out. I am concerned about the quality of my writing here so I didn't want to publish anything that was not tiptop ( in my point of view).


When I felt down the other day, I was basically home alone. My parents were out my brother was at my cousin's house, my maid out and my sister was nowhere to be seen. So it was me, myself and I :) Another reason was because I just finished discussing a serious issue at college involving 2 parties- and that was exhausting indeed especially when it involves the authorities and I'm the middleman. Finally its almost over.
Did you realise that these emo-feelings always hit us when we're alone or by ourselves?


After attempting to keep my eyes on some boring reality show I went upstairs into my room and do what typical teenagers always do- handphone. I dialled and texted a couple of my bestfriends- please don't be offended if you're my bestfriend and you're reading this and I didn't text or call you- because after a few replies and answered calls i was busy replying rather than creating new messages. 


If you're a girl, then I'm sure you've encountered this at some point of your life, much more than the other population of course. Those monthly cycles are not as easy to handle afterall -saying this after years of experience whoops- 


If you are feeling down, here's what you can do:



  • If you think your feeling is just random and you're feeling sad for no reason, write it in your diary. Its better to write it to yourself first instead of telling anybody because you may realise that it sounds childish or unreasonable after seeing it on paper.
  • Speak to someone who cares or a person close to you like your mom, sister, bestfriend, etc. The reason why I added -who cares- because there are some people in this world who don't actually care to listen and they just want to know what's going on in your life.
  • Think of something you really love to do- your hobby and begin doing it.
  • Keep yourself busy with homework and chores and to-do-list. You will realise that when you're busy you think less of unnecessary things.
  • In my religion, you're advised to pray or recite the al-Quran when you feel sad. If you can't pray then there are special verses or zikir. Thinking of God keeps the mind at peace, especially when you know He is the One who can help you with anything and everything.
  • Keep motivational words or phrases in your laptop or in your room. You may never know when you need it.
  • Think of how lucky you are while some people are suffering out there with so many natural disasters and catastrophes in their lives.
  • Read a book. It helps keep the mind at peace.
  • Eat something you like- ice cream, coffee, chocolate. It raises sugar level- sometimes we feel down because glucose level in our body is low *Biology student speaking here
  • Read the news so your mind will return to reality of the world around you.
  • Go shopping if you're in budget and buy something you like.
  • See someone you love or have been missing *whoops secret revealed
  • Make someone else happy and you will be happy too.
  • Listen to people's problems so you know you're not the only one facing problems.
  • Avoid doing things that make you feel lifeless like going online for hours without anything much to do. 
  • Believe that the feeling will only last for awhile- until menstruation is over if that's the case- so your mind will cheer up when it knows the miserly feeling will end in short while.
  • Exercise as it pumps up a slow, unresponsive body and brings about a sugar-rush and not to mention "sweat-rush" too
  • Finally why don't you try watching this video: I took this video with a toy my friend gave me for my 19th birthday. Hey, teenagers like me still like stuffed animals too *winks


 Video link: 




Comments

Google Ads

Popular posts from this blog

What You Need to Know Before Rebonding Your Hair

SPM Tips: The Right Way To Study Biology, Physics and Chemistry

Last Minute Add Math Tips For SPM

Family Vacation in Kota Kinabalu

How To Clean White Laptop

My SPM Results